I'm having a baby!

by AwSnap 60 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Wonderful news! I'm very happy for you.

My wife and I enjoyed much of this book.

What to Expect When You're Expecting

http://www.amazon.com/What-Expect-When-Youre-Expecting/dp/0761148574

Site: http://www.whattoexpect.com/what-to-expect/landing-page.aspx

We took a birthing class. This class prepared us for what to expect during labor and delivery at the hospital.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

awww many congratulations.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Congratulations!!!!!Wonderful news.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Yay!!! And congrats, Awsnap! Nothing changes you like a baby does.

I don't have any advice about the JW grandparents, we're still working on that too.

The book leavingwt suggested is great. It covers pretty much everything you could think of.

We never used a changing table or a diaper genie, so you might consider whether you will really before you spend money on it.

And do try breastfeeding. It's probably the strangest thing I've ever done, but it's so worth it! It's cheaper, gets the weight off fast, and I found it really convenient especially in the middle of the night. I kind of miss it--the bonding and I actually had cleavage, lol!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

well done , first one?

• LotusFlower1
  • ziddina
    ziddina

Haw!!! AwSnap, your news left LotusFlower1 speechless....

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Hehehehe, Zidd..... btw, Im sending you a pm .

Yep, this is baby #1! We can't find out if its a boy or girl until week 20 (or month 5). Its so confusing because technically they say a woman is pregnant for 40 weeks, or TEN months. We dont have a 'theme' in mind yet, though we're going to have to do some painting.

So, here is my ignorant question: If you dont own a changing table, where do you change the baby?

Also, I've heard the Diaper Genie is CRAP. Any other suggestions? Dont they make something similar that just takes regular grocery or trash bags?

Leaving WT, a friend of mine loaned me her copy of that book. I hope I dont get any of those ailments listed! So far, everything seems normal.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Congratulations!!!

I just received your postcard today. You are such a cute, happy looking couple.

Sending you a PM.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Leaving WT, a friend of mine loaned me her copy of that book. I hope I dont get any of those ailments listed! So far, everything seems normal.

Here's another piece of advice: Ignore people when they begin telling you their horror stories. What you need to know is this: Each woman and each pregnancy is UNIQUE. Just because they had a nightmare, doesn't mean you'll have one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit