I'm having a baby!

by AwSnap 60 Replies latest jw friends

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Im just about at 14 weeks. WhoooHOOOOO! I thought I had the answers to all, until I got that "positive" on the pregnancy test. This is a thread where I ask for your advice. on ANYTHING baby-related.

With this situation that happened recently (see link below), my protective instincts have kicked in big time. While I've been able to put up with a lot of "You shouldn't do thats" and "You're breaking Jehooba's heart", I will NOT allow anyone to put that guilt on my new little one.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/202755/1/December-AWAKE-entitled-The-Truth-About-Christmas

I don't know whether I should go ahead and talk with the jw families and let them know that if the little one goes to their house and talks about a friends Birthday party, that they will not tell them they are wrong. Or maybe I should just wait till the time comes....? OOOOOOohhhhh, I'm so excited I'll be even more excited when I quit wanting to vomit and sleep 24/7

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I suggest teaching children the truth about 607 before worrying about Santa. WT lies did more to ruin my life than if I would have celebrated every birthday over the years.

And congrats! I love kids... particularly the part where I hand them back to their mothers to fix things like diapers.

• chickpea
    chickpea

congrats on the good news!

wait until your hormones settle
    a little bit before you try to take
    on any of the unnatural BS that
    is so characteristic of the b0rg....

eat, sleep, puke...

enjoy!

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Congrats!!

Plenty of time to let JW's know about keeping their looney tunes ideas to themselves. Just send you kid round with a t-shirt saying "Guilt free zone" when they are a little older.

Enjoy!!!

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

CONGRATULATIONS!

I would wait till the time is right to talk to your fam about your wishes. Like, after it's (boy or girl) born. Keep your pregnancy as positive as possible, that will directly affect your growing baby.

• Hadit
    Hadit

So exciting! Congratulations! I agree with waiting - no need to worry about that now. Concentrate on your beautiful baby and give him/her the best vibes and positive thoughts that you can!

Hadit

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Congratulations!

I would wait before preaching to your JW family about not preaching but stay prepared to do so for when the time is right.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Congratulations AwSnap. Hope the baby gets the mother's looks.

Think About It

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Congrats on a beautiful family :) so happy for you! Yup...I second, and third that waiting is a good idea- as little stress as possible!!!!

CHG

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

BIG CONGRATULATIONS, AwSnap!!

Get plenty of rest before baby arrives!

And don't worry about the guilt thing. I'd guess that the grandparents won't do anything that might limit their time with a grandchild.

My SIL is so excited with her new grandson (both parents worldly) she won't do a thing that could upset the apple cart.

You'll be a great Mum!

Retro

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit