GB Member Barr dies

by Red Piller 116 Replies latest jw friends

• Violia
    Violia

I agree, the lack of being an actual abuser does not make you a good person. Anyone who stands by and allows things to happen is actually as guilty as the abuser. He may have been a kind man but not speaking out against the bad says a lot about him.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jack Barr spent a lifetime of Preaching WBT$ Bullshit,nice guy or not..

Nothing the WBT$ Preached,came true in his LifeTime..

The Resurrection of Jack Barr could change everything for the WBT$..

It`s time for the WBT$ to Raise the Barr..

http://jimbaker.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/raisingthebarlogo.jpg?w=289&h=239

http://theosophical.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/resurrection2.jpg

........................... ...OUTLAW

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Barr was nice. Didn't assert himself while all kinds of ridiculousness surrounded him. I give him props for not letting the smell of his own shit intoxicate him. Beyond that, he went along with the GB cabal for over 30 years. He was at best an enabler of religious and spiritual abuse.

Sometimes, even former JW's wonder why Ray Franz is given the respect he gets when for decades he supported the organization. The answer lies in his bizarro opposite, Jack Barr.

Both were considered humble men who actually cared about the people they ruled over oversaw. The difference was that Ray spoke out. Jack Barr didn't. He went along with all of it. I don't really care if Ray was an ass, and Barr was really super nice. Ray was principled. Barr wasn't. End of story as far as I am concerned.

I have always maintained that most elder bodies are like the GB. A bunch of men with power, who consider more personnel issues then bible doctrine. Barr was privy to it all. Regardless of his reasons for going along with it all, the fact is, that he went along with it all. He knew about the pedophiles. The changed prophecies. Anyone at Bethel can tell you that personalities rule among the GB.

I am sure Barr hoped "Jehovah" would take care of matters in his time. It's always the excuse of cowards to wait for someone else to act when they have the power to do something. If you have the power, do something, or otherwise, here's your sign. COWARD.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Funny Blondie...When you say that at the last DC that kids of unfaithful parents would die at the Big A...What happened to Jesus saying to receive the Kingdom like innocent kids? I guess they are not so innocent when it comes to the WT.

• blondie
    blondie

Botswana, actually I thought I said that faithful jw parents with unfaithful adult children, jw or not, would not survive Armageddon.

I always wondered what "unfaithful" meant, adults who missed a few meetings, or did not turn in time, etc.

• The Finger
    The Finger

"He probably just went with the flow, not the right thing for sure but so many people just cannot stand up against stronger people."

Then they shouldn't take the job. No one forces them too.

• I quit!
    I quit!

So that would mean he was born around 1913. A year before the world was to end or Christ returned depending on which Watchtower lie you point to. 97 years old and didn't learn a damn thing! All I can think of is that he could have done something good with his life and didn't. I'll go back to my room and work on getting a warm fuzzy feeling about him but I don't think it will happen.

• cantleave
    cantleave

That's the old guard gone. Let's see who the replacements are and what policy changes ensue.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Blondie, yes what constitutes unfaithfulness? I am sure most of us are just trying to lead good lives but if any one of us killed another man and slept with his wife that we would be DFd no? But yet David does it and he is considered faithful....

• LV101
    LV101

he obviously didn't stand up to evil dying there in good standing.

LV101

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit