GB Member Barr dies

by Red Piller 116 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

Wasn't Barr the one at the 2009 Annual Meeting, the first mentioning the "overlapping" word. That was such a desparate lie.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Soon we will see Governing Body members who are 39 years old!!!!!! Or born after 1975......how embarrasing for the faithful Witness that these men die just like anyone else without first seeing Armagedon and Paradise.

• yknot
    yknot
    Wasn't Barr the one at the 2009 Annual Meeting, the first mentioning the "overlapping" word. That was such a desparate lie.

Yes they had him trot out the 'Jesus meant' explanation....

I like to picture him as the Study Conductor who doesn't prepare unless you count the few minutes he spends doing a quick read-through just before the Public Talk ends......

He was so loved I am sure that it was easy to remain 'punch drunk'.........

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

7 members left. 4 are needed for a 2/3 vote. GB 2.0 is in control now. No old gaurd, no reference point. The grip of the WTS will do its tightening at a faster pace. Suffocating more and more of it's members.

I wonder how many R&F actually are aware that Barr has died? I know a couple months after Jaracz died many still didn't know. Think about it, 3 GB members (I include Ray into that number just by association) died this year. One a tyrant, one a follower and one a revealer of truth.

With all of the changes going on with the 'corporate downsizing' across the globe by the WTS, makes you wonder what major changes will be coming in the next 2-3 years. The face of the Society will once again change. It's a like a Hollywood actor having done too much plastic surgery, the original face is completely gone.

Truly we are living in the last days! .... Of the WTS (hopeful thinking.)

• minimus
    minimus

My guess is he will be trumpeted as the elder GB member who was the one that brought up the overlapping new light and he will be praised for his absolute wisdom while he helps overseeing whatever the "anointed" do up there (supposedly).

• streets76
    streets76

"Eat. drink and be merry, for tomorrow you shall die." Millions now living are not heeding this biblical advice.

• streets76
    streets76

ME: Alex, I'll take Cults for $200.

ALEX: The answer is: 'punch drunk'.........

ME: What is the perpetual state of being a JW?

ALEX: Correct!

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

my parents became witnesses in 1945, so most of the governing body was born after they were among the first witnesses in south Georgia. I'm been around annointed since I was 5 years old. now I am 52 and the annointed keep getting younger and younger.

• cofty
    cofty

My dad was born in 1934, that makes him as old as any on the GB. I'm stunned!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

xelder said

Jack Barr was a very kind man.....but as Barbara Anderson has pointed out......he certainly was a follower.....not the type to stand up.

So true...maybe that is why he was appointed to the G B?

He was indeed an approachable and apparently kindly man, at least in his pre G B days. I have told this story before, but many moons ago when I was an enthusiastic early teen, Jack Barr did a weekend visit to my congo. as a Bethel speaker. By some fluke, I was paired with him in Field Service and we spent an hour together. He was the most disarming and humble person I could have ever imagined.....When he was promoted to the G B I thought it was great that qualities like that were appreciated in this organisation??????

Oh well...the end of an era. The other posters have pointed out that we can hardly talk about the old men in Brooklyn any more....It seems odd if none of them have more that eleven years experience in charge..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit