GB Member Barr dies

by Red Piller 116 Replies latest jw friends

• Podobear
    Podobear

I had no axe to grind with Jack... Jook'. Merely pointed out that he wasn't on the GB when the Malawi incident occurred. Surely you are not justifying the actions of a Totalitarian leader like Hastings Banda, and one party states?

Jack and Mildred were sweet people.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I'd put any GB member on a par with a Tin Pot dictator anytime , they have a common denominator= they bring misery to peoples lives, Barr had the chance to ease this misery but remained silent, scum in my opinion.

• Podobear
    Podobear

The only good German is a Dead German, eh, Jook??? I see where you are coming from.

• undercover
    undercover
    The only good German is a Dead German, eh, Jook??? I see where you are coming from.

Actually I think it's more of "the only good Nazi is a dead Nazi"

Whether or not Jack Barr was a friendly old doddering fool, he was in the elite leadership of the cult, handing down from on high rules and regulations that affected millions, up to and including death in some cases. He never wavered in his obedience to the ruling party, never had a crisis of conscience that caused him to work with conspirators to bring change.

He might not have been a Hitler or a Goering but he was part of the chancellory of the fuhrer, so to speak, thus by association, he's just as guilty.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

just by association UC can make one even more guilty

• designs
    designs

To think one little child didn't receive proper medical treatment because of these men on the Governing Body, that is the tragedy of it all.

• yknot
    yknot

last I heard the rumor for GB replacements were:

1) Hawaiian Brother of Japanese decent.

2) Black Brother who has some bi-racial context (possibly Puerto Rican)

3) Australian Brother

4 new Given ones...... considered for appointment too..... (guess one for each and a spare 'runner')

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Jookbeard: I share your view. Barr, if anything else, is guilty by association!

I also wonder how many articles he authored that promoted this organizations' false teachings.

As an example: I wonder if he had anything to do with the words....... "A simple 'Hello' to someone can be the first step that develops into a conversation and maybe even a friendship. Would we want to take that first step with a disfellowshiped person?" (KEEP YOURSELVES IN GOD'S LOVE pg 207)

Not only is this a misinterpretation of 2John 9-11, it is also mean spirited. He may not have been the one that authored this expression, but his allowing it definitely makes him guilty by association!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

poodah, Barr joined the GB in 1977 and the persecution in Malawi extended into the 1980's. He could have tried to make a difference but does not seem to have.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Hmmm! Just doing a little detective work here.

If Barr joined the GB in 1977, that means he may have authored or had something to do with the expression .... "A simple 'Hello' to someone can be the first step that develops into a conversation and maybe even a friendship. Would we want to take that first step with a disfellowshiped person?" (KEEP YOURSELVES IN GOD'S LOVE pg 207).

That expression first appears in the Watchtower of Sept 15, 1981 pg 25 ('Disfellowshipping-How To View It'). Barr had already been a GB member for about 5 or 6 years when that article was written.

Some may wonder ...'Whats' the big deal with that expression in those articles?'

Its' just that the expression itself fosters and further encourages the hatred and cold shoulder treatment toward tens of thousands who otherwise should be forgiven of sin (especially if repentant) as Jesus said. And 'loving' Bro. Barr could very well have been a party to that expressions' authorship (IMO a very mean spirited phrase).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit