Just how much of a SUCCESS is God..........so far?

by Terry 65 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

Christ taught: love your enemies; turn the other cheek; bless those who persecute you; forgive and don't judge

Will Christ suspend these teachings when He returns to execute his enemies?

• caliber
    caliber

Ahhh, correction, my friend: I'm NOT atheist
    I think God is completely unknowable
    I'm a DON'T KNOW person; i.e. Agnostic.
    I just don't know.

Terry .. you appear to amass huge amounts of information to the point of convincing

many others of the non-existence of God ( due to lack of action or true justice or some such idea ) yet

you remain in a state of doubt yourself . What is this .... if not some flicker of hope or some needed revealing of God that cries out to you ?

The subject of God seems to be a constant in your life......here are some of you past titles ....

God can't be God when there is nothing...So Man rescued him!

One long hot and heavy Striptease by Jehovah

Stephen Hawking on God and creation of the Universe

God's forced PLOT point (which just doesn't make sense!)

God's forced PLOT point (which just doesn't make sense!)

• tec
    tec

Will Christ suspend these teachings when He returns to execute his enemies?

Christ lived those teachings while He was here, and when He returns it will be to gather those who belong to Him. But he also taught that there would be a judgment one day... just not for those who belong to Him, or for anyone whose name He wrote in the book of life.

As for Armageddon (and I assume that's what you're talking about), it says in Revelations that Gog and Magog are the ones who ride out to destroy those who belong to God and Christ.

I think we turn the other cheek, etc, because we belong to Him, have faith in Him, and He is the only one who reads hearts and can know what is inside another person... and we can trust Him to protect us (in the Spirit, certainly, since this is more important than flesh).

Tammy

• designs
    designs

"If any man worships the beast and his image and receives the mark on his brow and head, He shall drink the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed with bitterness in the cup of his anger, and he shall be tormented with fire and brinstone in the presence of the holy angels and before the throne, and the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever" Rev.14:9-11 Lamsa Edition.

You know it reminds of that moment that many of us had while studying the Revelation Grand Climax book that all of this was just not logical, or reasonable any longer.

In this scene God/Jesus are no different than any other Bronze Age Anthropomorphic god of any other culture. These angry angry gods, manifestations of ancient peoples morbid fears.

We owe oursleves some kudos, we made giant twothousand year leaps in just a few short years. We are good, descent, productive people. We broke that old superstitious mold that still grips billions.

Good for us

• Terry
    Terry

Terry .. you appear to amass huge amounts of information to the point of convincing

many others of the non-existence of God ( due to lack of action or true justice or some such idea ) yet

you remain in a state of doubt yourself . What is this .... if not some flicker of hope or some needed revealing of God that cries out to you ?

The subject of God seems to be a constant in your life.

This religious discussion board is only one of many different subjects I'm interested in. Due to the fact I devoted 18+ years of my formative existence in learning and discussing the matters and further, due to the fact I work in the religion section of a bookstore, the topic remains fresh and viable for ideas. Otherwise, I'm mostly doing other things....

But, thanks for asking.

• Terry
    Terry

Bumping an old thread because I think it is darned interesting. Read the O.P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit