"Are you In the Truth?"

by Nickolas 202 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

The Creation story stands on its own and is important to The Truth because The Truth falls apart without it. I am, of course, speaking within the context of the Watchtower representation of The Truth. I'm not so sure where the Watchtower doctrine of antidiluvian vegetarianism comes from, except that Noah had to feed the lions and tigers and bears (oh my) with something other than other animals during that yearlong bobbing about. Can anyone elucidate?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi PS,

<<Well, wording aside ( whether it meant virgin of young girl), I have no problem with a "virgin birth".>>

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

I know you don't. But not much of a sign if a young lady conceives - right? :^)

Luk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Mat 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. 24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

BTW I'm sure Nick thinks we have wandered from the truth of his original post.

Vander

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I like your simple look at "the truth." Even your simple (virtually undeniable) statements can start huge controversial battles over what is acceptable truths.

There's a Zen story about a young man who seeks a master who can lead him to enlightenment. For the sake of the story, you can say he was seeking a master who knows "the truth" if you wanted to tie it exactly to the thought of the post. One day he did find a Zen master and the master told him chop wood and fetch water, that is the way to enlightenment. The young man spent many years doing just this and one day he said, "I think i got it." He now feels enlightened so he hurries to the Zen master and and proclaims "Master, Master, I am enlightened, what do I do now?" The master, with his usual neutral composure says..."Before enlightenment chop wood and fetch water. After enlightenment...chop wood and fetch water."

Many have this notion that after enlightenment or discover of the real "truth," they will have the ability to make life easier and more comfortable or be on a completely different path. The JW's take advantage of that very feeling by saying that once you know the truth, you live your life "for Jehovah" or "for the truth." In reality, our individual path is just that. Each one is different. We don't need to set aside time to "preach the truth." We need to chop wood and fetch water.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Van,

Soem translate the term in Hebrew and greek to mean "young woman" as ooposed to "virgin", that is what I meant.

As for me I have no issue with Mary being a virgin and being with child from the Holy Spirit.

OUR Natural laws to not apply to beings that exist outside of our nature.

Even right now, with science, a woman can give birth and still be a virgin.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

BTW I'm sure Nick thinks we have wandered from the truth of his original post.

Amen, V. I am not looking to debate beliefs that are important to you. My motive, I suppose, is to illustrate that if there are fundamental flaws demonstrable within what is being represented as The Truth (capitals intended) then that representation is called into question.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    If we are "in Him" and He in us, then we are in the Truth.

Kinky!

-Sab

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Even right now, with science, a woman can give birth and still be a virgin.

I shudder to think of it (and so would the virgin).

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I shudder to think of it (and so would the virgin).

I know of a lesbian couple and they have a baby boy and the oen that gave birth to it was indeed a "virgin", she had never been with a man at all.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Kinky!

Perhaps, dear Sab (again, peace to you!), but the term "knowing" Christ... and being "known" by him... so that there is a "union"... does have the same connotation as a man who "knows" a woman... in the most intimate sense. They become "one" flesh... and those "joined" to Christ become "one" spirit. So, although no flesh involved, the premise is the same. That's why such ones are called the "Bride" of Christ.

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• sabastious
    sabastious

Dang Guesty, that's pretty intimate.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit