"Are you In the Truth?"

by Nickolas 202 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Hey, PSacramento. If only we all just stuck to love as the only real truth, eh? The world would change.

Just n from bethel, that is an excellent illustration of what has happened in this thread (funny, too). Thank you.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Ok, caught up now. Thank you all for contributing. By all means continue if you're finding value in the conversation. My biggest take from this thread is not what I expected and the light went on with Outlaw's last post, surprisingly. There is an ancient Arabic proverb that seems apropos:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

• tec
    tec

1800 Denominations and growing................

More than 38 000, actually. If we're being truthful and all :)

I would like to clear something up, regarding JIFB.

The fact (for a Christian) is that Christ is Truth. I don't think I have ever said that I am 'in the truth', and I'll explain why. I love Christ with all my heart. I have faith in Him. I believe in Him, and I hold love and mercy above all (excepting Christ and God - but those are things they taught us to hold above all).

Now if all of these things above make me 'in the truth' (or in Christ, since that is what this should mean), then I am in the truth. But that is not for me to say, though it is for me to strive for, and I give myself to Him. But really, it is only for Christ to choose and/or to say whether or not I am in Him. I will continue to exercise my faith in Him.

Tammy

(And yes, Nick, Gladiator often imparts wise words that sometimes get overlooked)

• garyneal
    garyneal

Interesting thread. I too liked Gladiator's response, it is too bad too many people fail to see the timeless wisdom in it.

I like a lot of what Earl Nightengale says and find a lot of wisdom in what he says. I also find a lot of wisdom in what Jesus says in the gospels. Buddha, Ghandi, they too say things that I can relate to.

I think truth is simple and basic and we're so busy trying to add our own spiel to it that it gets convoluted and confusing. If you are an American, think of the laws we pass in our land that could all be summed up in simply people treating other people with respect and dignity. The majority of mankind's problems are of his own creation. Nature hasn't changed and very seldom does it create problems for man on its own.

The principle of cause and effect is always in force.

Before my mind got 'poisoned' with Watchtower teaching, I came to realize that no religion or idealogy had a monopoly on the truth and that truth was simple and basic. I found it intriguing that the WTS called its teachings 'The Truth' and wanted to learn more about it. Save for some of their unique teachings and their 'uniform' appearances, I found little different about this religion over the other churches I've attended. I just considered them another sect of Christianity. However, I did find the odd behavior in my wife around the holidays and around other churches bewildering. Sadly, learning to think for oneself is VERY discouraged by the society and it was starting to affect me until I started learning the truth about 'The Truth' last year.

Now, I am regressing back to where I came from which is where I should've stayed all along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgUc7eLXs0s

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I came to realize that no religion or idealogy had a monopoly on the truth and that truth was simple and basic.

Gary has kicked the correct right in the gonads !

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Yes, garyneal, we are what we think about and, as you believe, so shall it be done onto you.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Funny... the most recent comments here (may you all have peace!).

The questions were "Are you In the Truth?" and "Can you handle the truth?" Both of which I answered honestly and truthfully. I get that not all may believe Christ is the Truth; however, I do. I absolutely believe he is the Truth. I also absolutely believe I am "in" him... by being a member of his Body. By have been baptised "into" him, by holy spirit. And thus, by being joined in union with him.

Had I said, "No, I am not in the Truth"... I would have been lying to you. Absolutely, utterly, lying. THAT... would have been the lie on my part; not that I AM in the Truth, but that I am NOT. Yet, some of you would have readily accepted such a lie... indeed, readily have me state such a lie.

Yet, most would deny that they want to be lied to. Well, I am not so sure...

Again, peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Huh?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Very well said SA.

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life and no one can come to the Father but by Him.... that or either He and/or the writers of the gospel lied. But both of the latter possibilities are inconceivable. You don't knowingly go to your death for a lie you manufactured for no good reason to begin with. :^)

Buddha was a sinner like the rest of us. He lies in a grave in Kusinara, at the foot of the Himalaya Mountains. But death could not hold the Christ of God....and those clothed with His righteousness know why.

Jesus is the light of the world. And "if we walk in the light as He walked in the light, we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son, cleanses us from all sin."

It's time to honor Him before men, with the same honor due the Father.

What a Savior!

Vander

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Ok, I reread your post, AGuest.

Huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit