"Are you In the Truth?"

by Nickolas 202 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I tell them about a friend of mine who's father gave him £500 and told him not to darken his doorway until he came "back to The Truth!"

He was fifteen years old. To his Dad's credit, £500 was quite a bit of money back then.

The kid's 'crime'? Questioning his father's religious doctrine. He was a Plymouth Bretheren.

How do we know which one has The Truth?

Easy.

His Dad knows my Dad doesn't have The Truth, because he doesn't believe in the Trinity.

My Dad knows his Dad doesn't have The Truth, because he does believe in the Trinity.

...and they both tell their kids that Satan walks about like a roaring lion seeking to devour people, blah, blah, blah. They both use the same terminology, the same psycological warfare. They only differ in their doctrines.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

BTW, my friend thought that he was raised in a cult, and that JWs were a harmless Christian religion.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Ok, then allow me to be more "controversial" :)

I believe that Christianity is the ultimare expression of TRUTH.

Why?

The central philosphy of Christianity is the power of love, that it is all healing and all encompassing and that it can solve all our problems.

I have seen the difference between people that forgive and live out of love and those that hang onto their hate and see that hate eat them alive.

I have seen what intolerance and hate and unforgiveness do and nothing positive coems from it and I have seen Love truly cure all and fix all.

Christianity is the ultimate expression of love because it says that God loved us so much that he came DOWN to Us and lived, ate, laughed, cried, bleed and died, just as we do, so that we can relate to Him and His love and in doing so God did what no other"god" ever did: He became our "slave" for love of us.

( How's that for controversial?)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

With one exception....the One who claims to be "the Truth" being born of a virgin.

If we are "in Him" and He in us, then we are in the Truth.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

( How's that for controversial?)

Uhuh. It is, indeed. And I might be sitting here salivating at the opportunity to debate Christianity with you, because I know from your earlier posts you would put up a really good argument. But allow me to go back to the original purpose of this thread and ask you a couple of direct questions about what is represented within the question "Are you in the Truth?"

Do you believe as part of The Truth that animals were all vegetarian prior to the Flood of Noah? (notice, I am not asking whether or not you believe the Noah story).

Do you believe as part of The Truth that humankind did not exist prior to September 5, 4028 BCE?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    With one exception....the One who claims to be "the Truth" being born of a virgin.

Well, wording aside ( whether it meant virgin of young girl), I have no problem with a "virgin birth".

Agreed.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Amen... and amen, dear Vanderhoven7... and the greatest of love and peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Do you believe as part of The Truth that animals were all vegetarian prior to the Flood of Noah? (notice, I am not asking whether or not you believe the Noah story).

That is silly, nowhere in the bible does it state that animals were all vegitarian. There is a circel of life and predators are needed.

That is the way of things, just liek we need earthquakes, hurricanes, virus and so forth.

( And I believe the story of Noah to be a story and the survivors of a great flood that passed on thier story over the generations).

Do you believe as part of The Truth that humankind did not exist prior to September 5, 4028 BCE?

Wow, even a precise date !

Sweet !

Nope, I believe in evolution, I believe it as the "tool" used by God ( one of his many "tools") and that as man evolved he searched for God ( because a part of him that was from the primal cosmic energy that God used to create the beginning of the universe compelled him to search for God) and that "Adam" ( which means Ma), eventually did find God.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

If we go back to the original premise that determination of Truth demands evidence, then the claim of the virgin birth fails the test, since there is no observable parallel to be found. Acceptance of the virgin birth requires faith that it happened, much as it requires faith that Buddha was born through an openning in his mother's flank, as 350 million people on this earth accept as their version of The Truth.

But, the original question is not so wide sweeping as all that. Please see my previous post.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

We are *still* on the same page, PSacramento (given that we are still discussing within the context of the original post)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit