If God truly loved humans...why not reveal himself ? So that they could make an informed decision ?

by smiddy 117 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OBVES
    OBVES

The miracles were done there by God through Moses and what had happened to Israel ? Almost all that were freed from Egypt rebelled and died !

The way it is now with the Bible is a very good way God acts towards us when we still live with sinful nature.

Concerning Satan he was chained for symbolic 1000 years which is a 1772-year period from 106 AD to 1878 AD . Examine my posts.

I got the number 2772 * for God's name and when divided into two parts : 1772 + 1000 . " 1772 " = " 1000 ".

* You must retrieve my posts on alt.religion.jehovahs-witn or alt.bible related to counting God's name.

Satan was set free in the period 1878 AD - 1914 AD and he is leading nations of Gog and Magog .It is not after 1000 years many people think will be in the future.

106 AD .... + " 1000 years .... 1878 AD ... 1879 AD .. 1884 AD ... 1914 AD .

96 AD - The book of Revelation + "symbolic 10 days" as 10 years - Revelation 2.10 = 106 AD.

Satan will be destroyed at the coming of Jesus Christ and the best date is September 28,2011 AD.

http://www.focusonthebible2011.com

The latest understanding is the Deceber ,21,2012 the last evil people will be destroyed and a new era will begin.

Daniel 7.12 : " time and season " = one year and 3 months.

September 21,2011 AD ... + 7 days = September 28,2011 AD

September 21,2011 AD + 1 years + 3 months = December 21,2012 AD.

When God reveals Himself and if He will do it in 2011 AD almost 7 billion people will fall dead .

• JRK
    JRK

I will look forward to a wonderful Christmas in 2012, and watching OBVES eat crow, instead of turkey or ham.

JK

• tyu
    tyu

Present Truth: Interesting analogy

B) Take "your son" out in the front yard and announce to the entire neighborhood with a megaphone that you're going to shoot him dead instead because "I" broke your window and damaged our relationship, and SOMEBODY HAS TO PAY! Then kill your son to make the point? Meanwhile, you leave the window broken so that the termites, rain, wind and snow come in and do further damage to your home and then decide to fix it years later once the majority of the house is in ruins when you could have just fixed that little panel of glass on day one and prevented any further damage at all?

Jesus said Himself that He and the Father are one. The Father sending His Son is not a mean act of a father imposing some sort of cruel sentence. Jesus even said that no one takes His life from Him, but that He lays it down of His own accord. Yes, God could have just repaired the "window" and been done with it, but it wouldn't have shown the extent of God's love for humanity. That probably sounds like the opposite should be true, but think about it. To me, fixing the window quietly and moving on is like a parent who doesn't want to be bothered with his child. Instead, God took on our frail human nature and elevated it beyond our wildest dreams. He willingly suffered, although He didn't have to, to show us our value to Him. Sounds crazy, but isn't that what love is?

• OBVES
    OBVES

The number to call is 1-800-322-5385 on weekdays if program Open Forum alive between 8.30-10 PM EST USA .

Tell him that you will see Christmas on this earth in 2011 as well.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Obves, If he says so, it must be true?

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

OBVES wrote: The miracles were done there by God through Moses and what had happened to Israel ? Almost all that were freed from Egypt rebelled and died !

Your missing a lot of info there, Moses was a wanted man, a murderer which Jehovah of armies choosed Moses to go back and speak speak to pharaoh about HIS people (pharaoh slaved them because he was concerned that these gentiles were going at some stage to overcome the population of that land and take over it), but Moses was too much of a coward so he asked GOD if Aaron his brother could go instead of him, so of went Aaron which his stick was transformed into a snake and ate pharaoh's snake which was also transformed into a snake, so Jehovah of armies wanted to show is people how awesome HE is so HE made pharaoh into a very arrogant person so HE could show off HIS might, plagues, deaths of first borns/animals and eventually pharaoh's and his armies died when the winds holding the bridge of waters collided.

What strikes me in this story is what happens after, that the people who Jehovah of armies choosed told Aaron to make something to worship, so Aaron the kind lad he his told everyone to gather their gold so he can melt it and turn it into a golden calf so they all can worship it. Now think for second, all these things happened after they were free from slavery and they knew who helped them was the GOD of gods so why would they want to do something as stupid as this? why would they want to go back to slavery? To me this does not make any sense, lets say someone helps you escape from prison, do you thank the person who helped you escape or thank the lady crossing the road? So GOD sees what Aaron did and quickly filled with anger he was going to destroy everything but Moses pleaded with HIM for forgiveness. Later in Leviticus things dont go well between GOD and Aaron who didn't say anything when Jehovah of armies destroyed his sons and eventually was destroyed by GOD (this contradicts with Sirach).

With the exception of Genesis I find the four books of Moses/Israel shows in the tone of the translation to show a very jealous, strict and unforgiving god which does not have a problem in his nation killing men women and children (but at one stage they kept young female virgens for their own), lying, spying and having sex with more than one mate, also GOD did not keep his promise to Moses about Canaan, so when GOD says something will occur it does not necessarily mean that (unless everything goes according to plan)

• The_Present_Truth
    The_Present_Truth

Tyu ...

If I may I'd like to adress your reasoning on a point by point basis from the ground up. First, do you believe that the Bible has continuity in it's writings from the start of the Old Testament all the way to the end of the New Testament? That is to say that the the theme introduced in the beginning, and the writing are consistant from start to finish - without contradiction?

We'll start here ... and then move forward.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Atheists simply aren't "believers". They're "thinkers".

As opposed to believers that are NOT thinkers?

PS: Atheists dont shun God, they just dont believe in him, if HE appearead then they could shun HIM if they wish.

Semantics really but fine, forget I said atheists, but you ask how does one shun God:

Shun:

to keep away from (a place, person, object, etc.), from motives of dislike, caution, etc.; take pains to avoid.

If you can't see how some people shun God then I am not sure how I can explain it to you, sorry.

Perhaps shun is the wrong word?

Would deny be better then?

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

God is welcome round my gaff any time and he doesn't even have to bring a bottle of wine.

Drinks would be on the house.

I wouldn't even ask him any awkward questions, just quietly listen while he told me all the problems the world has caused him.

After he had unloaded, I might even give him a hug - if that sort of thing is allowed?

• Heaven
    Heaven

the total number of "above water" acreage on the face of the Earth.

Did his numbers take into account all the acreages that are uninhabitable, both from man-made pollution as well as naturally occurring toxic areas? How about areas where most of us wouldn't want to live anyways... like Endicott NY for example? How many of us actually want to live in the Arctic or Antarctic, Greenland or Iceland?

Do a calculation on all of THESE areas, subtract it from his total acreage number, and get back to me on the new numbers.

Also, just stick with what we know. The Earth is a constant size and God isn't going to be expanding it any time soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit