Republican Vs Democrat

by Bangalore 63 Replies latest social humour

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Look who is frothing! Someone told a joke which was lame.

Others came on giving kudos saying how "accurate" and "true" the joke was to real life.

I gave countless examples of how the joke was not "accurate" and "true".

You came on and supported what I said and NOT what the joke said by your own true life example.

Now the same ones who said the joke was "accurate" and "true" are actually coming on saying how they would do the EXACT opposite of what the joke said they would do.

And now you say I'm "frothing" just because you know I proved my point and you helped me out.

It has nothing to do with addict, alcoholic or whatever. The joke was a lie and everyone on here who came and said it was "accurate" and "true" is a liar. Period. Because I can take bets that none of those people would EVER give $20 to a homeless person and probably not even $1 buck, either! And I am 100% SURE (as I'm sure you are) that NO REPUBLICAN BUSINESS OWNER would tell the homeless person to go to his business for a job. That is laughable!

So, fine it was a lame joke. But then the people such as yourself who came on and said it was a true to life joke are liars.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

I'd like to hear about the everyday people that give, help out their fellowman, those that don't toot their horn about it, but I probably never will as they

give with the real spirit of giving, as a true gift.

These people are too busy actually making something happen to be concerned with who is doing more than the other.

Thank you, purplesofa, you expressed that so beautifully! Couldn't agree more. Your post reminds me of this classic credo from Jesus' "Sermon on the Mount":

"Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." — Matthew 6:1-4 (NIV)

In my experience, most who give from the heart (and are often in a position to give quite generously) do so anonymously, and without prejudice to recipients' political ideology or religious affiliation.

Conversely, attention whores who are inclined to shout about it from the rooftops and/or seek sinister motives in others, make public fools of themselves… though they're often the last to know it.

It takes all types to make the world go around. IMHO, assigning blame-'n-shame to one sort or another of "happy giver," is just pitiful quibbling when we can be actively doing to improve humanity's troubling situations.

~Sue

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thanks betterdaze,

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bump.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit