Republican Vs Democrat

by Bangalore 63 Replies latest social humour

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I volunteer at a homeless shelter. I live in a VERY republican area they outnumber democrats 3 to 1 yet at the shelter democrat volunteers outnumber republicans by about 10 to 1...

MrsMkr got an email from one of her friends the other day about how Jesus would vote republican every time... Republicans make me want to puke.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    Republicans make me want to puke

keep on pucking

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I volunteer at a homeless shelter. I live in a VERY republican area they outnumber democrats 3 to 1 yet at the shelter democrat volunteers outnumber republicans by about 10 to 1...

They use the guise of being concerned about "personal responsibility" to turn their cold hearts and shoulders away from those down on their luck.

You can contribute to charities that help those less fortunate, but the real idea is to help people with education, food and transitional housing until they can get on thier feet. Where republicans fall short is that they don't want to help people to become self sufficient.

• designs
    designs

Its a numbers game, with the unemployment rate above 9.5% Labor has no bargaining power. Some like it that way and are taking advantage of it.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I saw a bumper sticker: Labor Unions: they brought us the weekend.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Yeah, they brought us the weekend but for all those hard-won battles, we have people who are willing to work for free on those weekends. It's like Women's suffrage and then women don't vote.

I know someone who works for a corporate giant whose bottom line, a lot of businesses could only dream about. Top earners in the company make a TON of money.

This person I know works as a middle manager so he is an "exempt" employee. They laid off everyone who was under him. EVERY SINGLE PERSON in his department except this person! So now his work load quadrupled. Obviously, the demand for the product is still there since the workload didn't disappear. He is technically no longer a "manager" and "exempt" because who the hell does he manage? So he should be getting overtime pay. But he's not.

He's working seven days a week now, ten hour days, slaving away for his boss, worried that his ass is next in line. SAD!

But when his wife mentioned that they were worried that their son is going to be 18 and drop off of their insurance because he's not going to be a full time college student, I told her, "Well now he doesn't necessarily have to drop off because of the new health insurance law." She was thrilled to hear the news. Until her hubby chimed in, "THAT'S GOING TO BE REALLY TOUGH ON BUSINESSES!" BAD BAD BAD!

What the F???? This man's business could MORE than afford to pay insurance! And that's what he is worried about? That his boss is going to have to pay for it???? His boss who has time to spend with his family and go golfing while his employee spends NO time with their family, let alone have recreation time????

People are freaking brainwashed!

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Burns, I'm glad you contribute to charity, but did you even notice that you pretty much PROVED this joke was bullshit when you said you didn't want to give the homeless guy any money since you didn't know if he was a druggie or alcoholic or whatever!

Admit it, dude. The joke was a load of CRAP!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    PROVED this joke was bullshit when you said you didn't want to give the homeless guy any money since you didn't know if he was a druggie or alcoholic or whatever!

I proved nothing of the sort, and you apparently like to pull things out of context. You might not want to give a street addict money, he may spend it on his next fix rather than food or shelter. This hardly helps.

The fact that you can't take a joke without frothing at the mouth demonstrates how fragile and irrational your belief system is.

BTS

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I -->100% agree with burns.........

I would 100% of the time give food and shelter, but I would detest anyone giving them cash handouts!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I'd like to hear about the everyday people that give, help out their fellowman, those that don't toot their horn about it, but I probably never will as they

give with the real spirit of giving, as a true gift.

These people are too busy actually making something happen to be concerned with who is doing more than the other.

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit