Republican Vs Democrat

by Bangalore 63 Replies latest social humour

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Debt Commission Report Targets Social Security, Medicare

Today's report by the White House's fiscal commission is expected to include recommendations to raise the retirement age for Social Security and cut Medicare benefits -- two policy prescriptions that will be met with deep opposition from Democrats and some Republicans -- according to a source who has been briefed on the proposal.

The chairmen of the commission will unveil their overarching recommendations for debt and deficit reduction on Wednesday afternoon, weeks before the official unveiling is expected.

The findings are not the final report of the commission, officially known as the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform. Rather they are the specific suggestions of its two chairs, former Sen. Alan Simpson and former White House Chief of Staff Erskine Bowles. The ultimate findings will require the support of 14 members of the 18-member commission. And at this juncture it is unclear if the votes are there, sources familiar with deliberation say.

In the process of pursuing their reforms for Social Security and Medicare, the commission chairs are expected to suggest that the end result will be a 70 percent cut in benefits and 30 percent increase in revenues, according to the source familiar with the upcoming announcement.

"What a crazy proposal, what a crazy proposal," said a Democratic source briefed on the findings. "I expect that the White House is going to distance itself big-time from this, saying this is just the chairman not the commission."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/10/debt-commission-report-social-security-medicare-_n_781606.html

• leavingwt
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The Republican hands the homeless person a religious tract that tell hims how to get saved by asking Jesus into his heart or else go to hell.

He then tells the homeless person that he is lazy and a bum and has inferior genetics that give him no motivation.

Then he walks away to lobby for legislation that will do away with any programs that might help the homeless person. Help with a hand up. Programs that the homeless person paid his hard earned taxes to support. Programs that would provide a safety net to prevent homelessness. Taxes the homeless person paid when he used to have a job. The job he had before gas, jet fuel and diesel prices soared sky high under GW's two term administration. GW the oilman who chose a cabinet full of oil men and woman. When fuel is that high, all prices rise at a rate too fast for wages to keep up with. People cut spending drastically. Businesses close. Homeless person loses his job at one of those businesses. Homeless person can't pay rent. Homeless person ends up on street. Republican not only doesn't help homeless person, he kicks him while he's down.

• leavingwt
  • bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Aww, Gregor, that was TOOO easy!

Too bad you are too stupid to see that you are too stupid.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

FHN, don't bother. I have a feeling when these guys read my posts they ring true and they are actually PROUD of it.

I mean, starting from the initial "joke" portraying a Republican as helping anyone and giving them a job and a $20 spot! Come on! Get real!

And then the cheesy kudos coming from the usual sources saying things like, "It's accurate" and "It's true." And BTS saying it's true that Republicans are "more charitable" than Democrats. Yeah, we know they are charitable all right. We've all seen how charitable Wall Street is and Big Oil and Big Pharma and their Republican bed-fellows are.

I had some respect for some of these guys before. But this is just flat out dishonesty.

• Simon
    Simon

The guy is on the street because of the "Ray-gun" policies of a certain few taking WAY more out of the system than is fair.

The really incredible thing is how poor stupid people have been convinced to vote for policies that benefit the wealthiest 2% in the guise of it being "more American"

You dumb asses.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Can we save this for 2012?

JDW

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

"dumb asses" is right. I had TWO friends at work today talking about how much they "Loved George W. Bush on Oprah the other day." These are ladies who are both employed by the government (in education) and whose husbands are also employed by the government (one in education and the other as a forest ranger).

I was like, WTF???? You guys want to go back to Bush????

"Oh but he was sooooo REAL."

"Yeah, he sure was real when he lied and sucked our country into money pit wars!"

"Well, I like Obama as a person but I hate his policies?"

"Which policies are those? The one where the stimulus created a job for your husband who was unemployed for almost a year due to Republican policies? Or the ones where he extended unemployment so you didn't lose your house? Or the ones where he is making it so your two sons will still be covered under their dad's medical insurance policy that he gets by working for the Federal government? Do tell: Which Obama policies exactly do you HATE?"

Freaking Retarded Dumb SH*ts!

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

Seems like someone has edited their own post...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit