Generation Teaching - Everyone is speechless?

by Red Piller 443 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

My Dad hasn't said boo.

Same here, Black Sheep. My Dad has no idea what they're talking about anymore.

He is currently undergoing a Geriatric Assessment. Part of this includes his caregiver, me, filling out some questionnaires. One of them is for Depression. All I can say is, he is major league depressed. So much for him being one of the happiest people on the face of the Earth.

I think a big part of the mental illness in this organization comes from the kinds of changes the Borg forces it's members to swallow, like this ludicrous 'generation' change in definition. It's poisonous and it makes people ill.

They mess with peoples minds, hearts, and spirits, ultimately poisoning and destroying them. When the mind becomes ill, the body follows. Ultimately, the mind breaks down. And the body cannot live without the mind.

It deeply saddens me to see this unfolding right before me. The same thing happened to my Mom.

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

djeggnog,

The following is in reference to the change of Generation that took place in 1995.

"Eager to see the end of this evil system, Jehovah's people have at times speculated about the time when the "great tribulation" would break out, even tying this to calculations of what is the lifetime of a generation since 1914. However, we bring a heart of wisdom in, not by speculating about how many years or days makeup a generation, but by thinking about how we "count our days" in bringing joyful praise to Jehovah." (Watchtower Nov 1, 1995 p18)

Don't you love how it is worded? Jehovah's people have at times speculated? Talk about passing the blame.

"Does our more precise viewpoint on "this generation" mean that Armageddon is further away than we had thought? Not at all! Though we at no time have known the "day and hour," Jehovah God has always known it, and he does not change." (Watchtower Nov 1, 1995 p20)

"Therefore, in the final fulfillment of Jesus' prophecy today, "this generation" apparently refers to the peoples of earth who see the sign of Christ's presence but fail to mend their ways." (Watchtower Nov 1, 1995 p19)

Oh, oh. In 1995 they used the word APPARENTLY. Perhaps you would like to give us the definition of that words also. I only ask because since I am too ignorant to comprehend the English language, I will leave that to you.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Wasblind said: " In the October 1, 2010 watchtower on page 31, the WTS claims to be empowered by Holy Spirit."

DJeggnogg said: "No, such a statement isn't made on page 31 or on any page within the Watchtower you mention, the one dated October 1, 2010; this is evident that this conclusion would be your take, "

DJ, if you notice, I did not qoute from the WT Oct 1, 2010 article verbatim, their are no quotation marks around my statement on page one of this thread

I only use Quotation marks when I make a direct quote. your argument here fails.

And yes in this article they do claim to be empowered by holy spirit.

DJeggnogg Said: " You said that in this issue of the Watchtower (from which I just quoted) that "the WTS claims to be empowered by Holy Spirit," which this article clearly does not do, but, instead, asks that you decide for yourself "

DJ, On page 31 of this same WT, they asked, " What do you think ? with what group of people do you find evidence of holy spirit today ?"

if we are to say the Jehovah Witnesses, then yes they are claiming to be empowered with holy spirit

again your agrgument fails.

• designs
    designs

wasblind-

I saw the same thing in my mother before she passed away, she was so sad that the End hadn't happened and she wouldn't live to see the New World. Tough why to spend the last days of your life. She had been a Bible Student early in her life and then became a JW, always hoping for the End to come.

Well now that chain is broken.

• Quando
    Quando

In response to witnesses and peace, I would have to say that I started to fade not because of false doctrines but I am a healthcare provider and many witnesses see me and they do sign a consent form of confidentiality and I was thoroughly sickened by the admissions of Elders, suicidal Regular pioneers, and if I had a dollar for all the depressed and manic witnesses I have seen over the years I could buy Costa Rica.

I use to feel sorry for them, but now I just focus on educating them that Jehovah wants you happy and healthy and disapproves of you treating your body like a garbage disposal.

Thank Goodness 70% of my clients are not witnesses, the non-witnesses are far more peaceful and healthier and just "get it" that they only have one body and want to take care of it, the witnesses have the "well I will be perfect in the new system" little do they know the more times you go the golden arches the closer you get to the pearly gates!

The Law of Polarity is undisputable (Up-down Hot-cold good-evil jehovah-satan sick-healthy)

• wasblind
    wasblind

DJ, I also see that you refer to me as ignorant, that's alright, I'll just stick with the subject at hand

DJeggnog said: " In the English language, the word "evidently" means "clearly apparent" or "unmistakably."

ON page 200 in the reasoning book it is stated that " Some who saw the events of 1914 will also see the complete destruction of the present wicked world."

On page 97 it speaks of the same non- overlappin' generation.

DJ, I'm begging you, please, help this ignorant one out, show me a scripture that allows correction of a prophecy.

If you look on page 242 the WTS wrote out a canned question that the householder may ask, and it goes like this:

" How do you know that some future generation won't fit the prophecy even better than this one? "

you see DJ, the WTS wrote that canned question, even they admitted it was a prophecy in the question.

If it wasn't a prophecy, they would have also shown you a way to correct the householder. But they did not.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

First of all, if the "TRUTH" can change all the time, perhaps they should stop calling it THE TRUTH!

Maybe they should start calling it "THE GUESS" ...and then maybe they should stop DISFELLOWSHIPPING people who don't agree with the current GUESS.

Second, I can't understand how a JW could compare the JW religion to the Catholic religion to make a point about what is acceptable in a religion.

Are you telling me that the JW's changing their "Truth" all the time is ok and normal, just as it is normal and ok for the Catholics? Why bring up the Catholics??

The Catholic Church is under the power of THE DEVIL as I understand from my JW education.

The JWs are GOD'S ONE TRUE RELIGION, as I understand from my JW education.

I would expect more from GOD'S ONE TRUE RELIGION, personally.

Actually, the comparison is ok. It shows that both the Catholic Religion and the Jehovah's Witnesses are nothing more than man-made religious institutions and NOT God's one true religion.

• wasblind
    wasblind

DJ please come back, and show me the " LIGHT " oh please DJ help this ignorant one

"KEEP ON THE WATCH" Lisa, "MAKE THE TRUTH YOUR OWN"

Until they change the expiration date, cause in watchtower land the "TRUTH" grows old

don't wanna be caught peddling expired "TRUTH" D2D

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

"If you cannot accept the fact that what you read in a publication published in 1985 or 1989 cannot possibly contain what you may be able to read in a later publication published in 2010, since the understanding of Jehovah's Witnesses of the scriptures progressively increases over time, so that it is totally unreasonable to expect Jehovah's Witnesses to publish something we can to appreciate 2010 in any publication released prior to 2010. If you truly have an open mind, then you will take this point open-mindedly, and stop being unreasonable."

Oh my goodness! I just noticed this quote from you and I cannot imagine that you actually believe this. Talk about being unreasonable. So why should Witnesses pay attention to doctrine this year? Next year there will be a greater understanding and the year after that another understanding and so on and so on and so on.... When does it stop? Does it ever stop? I would not mind so much if they just admitted that they are guessing. That they are reakky not sure. But they, like you, are so adamant in their guesses. No one would know that they sit around a big table in a board room and try to come up with new conclusions when their prior conclusions failed. Of course, before they start their guesses they pray for Jehovah's spirit. Of course they are sure that they have that spirit. Or are they? Do they have God's spirit? Or are you are defending the words and guesses of mere humans. Folly?

I believe that you are a smart guy but your downfall is refusing to challenge the many changes in the organization's doctrine. What about the millions of books and magazines that were printed prior to this year? All garbage? What about the Bible studies where we taught one definition of generation only to have to learn another definition of generation and so on and so on...........

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

QUENTIN and DJEGGNOG,

The 1995 generation teaching change was what got my feet pointed towards the door.

Funny thing, before this teaching came out, I predicted to a friend that they would probably come out with something because they were running out of time. When I actually saw it in the magazine and saw they didn't even have the DECENCY to put a special heading but just slipped it into the article like it was nothing, I was incensed. I felt our intelligence was insulted and this is putting it mildly. I felt numb and sucker punched. Afterwards, one of the brothers tried to look at this change positively and said something along the lines of 'well, the end could come at any time...'

I think people were initially as numb as I was and I didn't see any real reaction or talk but I think this was a false sense of well-being. In the several years and up to a decade after the teaching I noticed that there were a lot of people who weren't around anymore, and they didn't all die or move away. I think the aftermath of the 1995 teaching was that many JWs took stock of their lives and realized (well, the smart ones anyway) that they had better make better plans for their future.

Even though I had many doubts about the religion, their 1995 generation teaching was the straw that broke the camels back. I had no use for them at this point and all the pipedreams went out the window. It took a while, but I finally started my fade the end of 2000.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit