I've Just Figured Out the Appeal of Sarah Palin!!

by AGuest 73 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Of course, you were being judgemental. You absolutely were NOT trying to be complimentary.

Hmm....sounds judgmental to me.

On language:

A man may take to drink because he feels himself a failure, and then fail all the more completely because he drinks. It is rather the same thing that is happening to the English language. It becomes ugly and inaccurate because our thoughts are foolish, but the slovenliness of our language makes it easier for us to have foolish thoughts.

~George Orwell 1946

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Gregor: "This puts her in the gunsights of every disgruntled, bitter, liberal loser, (especially females) who can't even run their own lives with much success. Seems they can discuss almost any political subject except Palin without the spittle flying! LOL. So obvious!

Speaking of which, Hemp, thanks for the correction of my statement re. the impact of Palin vs Obama in the elections. But it really didn't change my point, did it?"

Really? You said Obama/Biden were successful in zero percent of their endorsements. You don't think 50% changes your point a little? Actually I guess the bigger point (which your subsequent post emphasizes) is that you speak in angry, shrill generalities and they're usually false ones. To illustrate: please name one bitter, disgruntled, liberal loser who can't run his or her own life with success. I'm guessing you don't actually know any, but still you said it. You also seem to believe that people are horribly upset when they're simply trying to engage you in an intelligent (for a change) dialogue. At least you're consistent.

Y'all have a great weekend! I'm off to watch my daughter play lead guitar in her band.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Interesting. Here is what people who have not embraced Palin on this thread have been called:

• lesser
    • catty
    • haters
    • prejudiced
    • jealous
    • disgruntled
    • bitter
    • losers
    • spittlers

Here is what Palin supporters on this thread have been called:

Interesting.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Hey, dear Biz... NO worries, truly! But thank you kindly for the other point of view!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• journey-on
    journey-on

Went back and read the entire thread. I did not find where any poster was called names, BB. The only sentence that was questionable was my question to Hemp and E.O. as to whether their own prejudices were standing in the way. If you are referring to Gregor's post, it seems to me that he was recounting his own observations based on certain people he's familiar with. But, again, no poster was called a name.

As far as my words to Shelby, she understands where they came from and what the underlying message is (at least, I think she does).

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I did not find where any poster was called names, BB.

I stand by the truth of my post, JO. You'll just have to live with it.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    You'll just have to live with it.
    Did anybody ever tell you you're a trouble maker, Bizzy? Oops! I called you a name. What kind of music do you like?
  • BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Did anybody ever tell you you're a trouble maker, Bizzy?

No. I'm a truth-teller. I like accuracy. My mother drummed into me "Jehovah God hates a liar."

I like classical, especially piano (Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninoff), ballads (think Sinatra, Bennett, Cole, Connick, Feinstein, Buble), 70's rock and popular opera (Benet, Wagner).

• Berengaria
  • Gregor
    Gregor

I guess there are a hundred ways to avoid the point when you are challenged. So nuttin' means nuttin' here. The Biz is on record about Palin. It is beyond political discord. Sarah Palin pushes some peoples buttons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit