I've Just Figured Out the Appeal of Sarah Palin!!

by AGuest 73 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest
    And this was first little girl that ever did anything like this?

Absolutely not, dear BC (peace to you!). I truly did not mean to judge. I thought it was funny... and appropos, given what folks tend to hang their votes on ("someone like me"). I added the part about Ms. Bristol because I think "charity" and service... starts at home.

If Sarah Palin had been male, would it even have been an issue?

Oh, you BETCHA'! See, ANOTHER truth... is that thus things, when there IS a father in the home, have as much to do with HIM... and sometimes MORE... than with Mommy. So, if, say, Mr. Obama's... or Bush's... of Clinton's... daughter(s) had a similar situation I would have made the same comment. Truly, I don't discriminate between people who emotionally neglect their children.

Now, do I believe Ms. Palin isn't "fit" to be President? Where in the WORLD did I state THAT??? Indeed, I think a woman who may be somewhat emotionally disconnected might be the BEST kind of woman for the job. I could be wrong, of course. But I say that because when it comes down to her daughter's breakdown as a result of some failed "love"... and the breakdown of discussions between, say, Israel and Hamas... it would seem to ME that the latter breakdown would... SHOULD... take precedence.

But, heck, Mr. Obama has the same responsibility to be "there" for his daughters, as well. Even MORE so, IMHO. I mean, he is, after all... "first father," too. Right? And if I had caught him dropping his "g"s to be cool... I would have posted the same thing. And if one of his daughter's had the same situation as Ms. Palin's I would have included that as an aside, as well.

I have to agree, women can be catty.

We can, dear one... but truly, I wasn't (peace to you, dear JO!). If anything, my point was while being cool is great! yes... sometimes a parent can be TOO cool... which can lead to things getting a little out of hand at home. And maybe that's what happened here. Ms. Palin's POLITICS... were never at issue.

I am a professional woman, mother, and wife. I get how hard it is to be "all things" in this manner. I don't think anyone, however... husband OR wife... Palin or Obama... or Oprah or Mick Jagger... should sacrifice their children for their own political (or other) aspirations. It is, IMHO, immoral. But this really wasn't about that, at all. And if some found themselves taking issue with that, I apologize. But I did state that if you were inclined to take offense... you really shouldn't.

Again, peace to you!

SA, on her own...

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Shelby you sure you're not jealous because Palin doesn't wish anybody peace, and has a bigger following than you? Whoa!! Did I just say that?

• journey-on
    journey-on

Shelby, please understand that when someone disagrees with your perspective, and in their difference of opinion expresses that disagreement perhaps critically, they have not necessarily taken offense.

When I express a difference of opinion in matters such as what this topic is about, it does not mean I have taken offense or am inclined to take offense. It simply means I "see" something in your criticisms that you seem to attempt to cover over. No offense meant to you by this observation, dear Shelby, especially if you are so inclined to take offense at such exposure. Please don't.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    It simply means I "see" something in your criticisms

Which I totally get, dear JO (again, peace to you!)...

that you seem to attempt to cover over.

Yes, I can see that it may seem that way to you. But I ASSURE you... I was NOT trying to cover over anything. I truly did NOT intend to judge anyone, particularly Ms. Palin. I did not say that folks shouldn't listen to her... or vote for her... because of her family situation. I did not take issue with her politics or positions. I commented (because I am a mother and woman, so I thought it was appropriate), that such things start at home. They do.

No offense meant to you by this observation, dear Shelby,

And none taken, dear JO, truly. I took it that YOU were offended by my comment. You are absolutely within your right to state your observations... which did appear to me to be that of someone who was offended. And so, I tried to explain. Which explanation was... well, utterly dismissed. Okay. But am I not within right to try and further explain myself?

especially if you are so inclined to take offense at such exposure. Please don't.

I still don't get it, dear JO... but for the sake of peace, I think I will it lie here. I did not take offense nor mean to offend. I meant a bit of humor... and tried to give a disclaimer as many comediennes do. Some things are taken with a grain of salt, some are not. It's the chance taken with ALL humor (which is why I don't do it often... and most probably won't again as it's just too risky, here !).

But peace to you, dear JO, truly... and NO offense intended... to you OR Ms. Palin... OR her daughter (who's put herself... and her mom... in the "celebrity" light, now, and so more is most probably coming. But be assured, it won't be from me! )

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA, on her own (and look where it got me!!)

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I know you didn't just shun me?!?!?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Shelby you sure you're not jealous because Palin doesn't wish anybody peace, and has a bigger following than you?

Ahh, dear Miz'ry (peace to you, you 'ol Rooster!)... jealousy is one of those emotions that just require WAY too much energy!! And what with a husband, two puppies, a full-time job, posting here, responding to email/PMs... and diabetes... who has the time? Who cares (about whatever it is folks get jealous about)? Sorry, dear one, but I am really just not that... heck, I don't even know what word(s) work. Self-absorbed? The LAST thing I want is a "following". Keeping up with my life is truly as much as I can handle. A following would require me to... well, do even more.

So, sorry, but nope. Not me. I've been here close to 10 years and I haven't even hit 5400 posts, yet. That's an average of what, less, than a post a day? And THAT takes quite a bit out of me. So, nope, not jealous... at ALL. Folks can RUN to follow Ms. Palin, Mr. Obama, Ms. Clinton, Tommy, Tucker... and every other suc.. well, you know what I mean.

Me? I'll follow the Lamb. And there's no way I'm jealous of him. He's just way too cool! Even more than Mr. Box!!

Whoa!! Did I just say that?

You did. You're wrong... but, yeah, you did just "say" that! LOLOLOLOLOL!

Peace, Rooster Man!

A slave of Christ,

SA, on her own... who only posted the stoopid post 'cause she heard Ms. Palin talkin' (didn't even see her, just heard her voice and though, "Wow, that's funny!). Ah, well... movin' on!

• AGuest
    AGuest

Nope, no shun, dear one... just human. Meaning, I can only type so fast, y'know? LOLOLOLOLOL!

Peace!

SA

• journey-on
    journey-on

Dang! lol ....you did it again!

Now you truly ARE turning into a comedienne. If you don't see it, dear dear Shelby, then you need "eyes that see" and "ears that hear"....

LOLOLOLOL. I think I, too, will let it lie here. Peace!.............journey-on (who would never judge Sarah Palin for doing the best she can at multi-tasking and succeeding at it, imho :-)

• Gregor
    Gregor

Since our current President was elected, I would say the dynamics of whether a particular individual, male or female, is "fit" to hold the office have changed dramatically. The bar has been lowered to the point that just about anybody with a pulse could hold the office. Obama is an empty suit that many people think is a great orator.

Sarah Palin has had to deal with the double whammy of being an attractive woman who chose not to abort a child with Downs syndrome, likes to hunt and fish, was a very capable governor of her state, has a real family life, etc etc. She has taken a prominent position on the political scene because of her beliefs. They resonate with a lot of people.

This puts her in the gunsights of every disgruntled, bitter, liberal loser, (especially females) who can't even run their own lives with much success. Seems they can discuss almost any political subject except Palin without the spittle flying! LOL. So obvious!

Speaking of which, Hemp, thanks for the correction of my statement re. the impact of Palin vs Obama in the elections. But it really didn't change my point, did it?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    If you don't see it, dear dear Shelby, then you need "eyes that see" and "ears that hear"....

That could very well, be true, dear JO (peace to you!). So, I will ask for them... tootsweet... 'cause I don't. Really, I don't. But that is NOT to say I shouldn't!

Peace, child!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA, who wouldn't judge Ms. Palin either... and truly didn't think I did ... but will look into it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit