I've Just Figured Out the Appeal of Sarah Palin!!

by AGuest 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Hmmm... perhaps the only reason people liked the Kennedy's is because they drop their R's then add R's to words ending in A.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

I would love to hear an honest answer to this question from the Palin supporters: Would you feel the same way about her if she was unattractive?

at Enlightened Mind. I abhor catty, vacant women whose only calling in life is to be a contestant on The Bachelor. Sarah Palin is absolutely one of the emptiest, cattiest out there. As the late great Dorothy Parker once said, "There's no there there."

sd-7, have you read "Y, the Last Man"? Awesomeness.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Good point, Mad Dawg. Accents are funny things. Some people love the British accent and their initial reaction is, "how sophisticated he/she sounds". But, then, in the course of a real conversation, you realize this is not necessarily so. Just because your diction or enunciation sounds articulate, doesn't mean a thang, other than perhaps "that little mission school broke you of your accent".

• sd-7
    sd-7
    sd-7, have you read "Y, the Last Man"? Awesomeness.

I shall have to search for that in the Kindle Store. Right after I finish the Hunger Games trilogy.

I don't suppose anyone would even have remotely considered her if she were unattractive. Combining her with Colonel Tigh from Battlestar Galactica? Bad idea. Although, Colonel Tigh did play a politician in the first episode of 'Monk', I think. Okay, now I'm confusing myself. John McCain does not = Colonel Tigh. Michael Hogan = Colonel Tigh in Battlestar Galactica = John McCain look-alike. But not in the eye-patch episodes. Okay, never mind. I'm geekin' out. I'm all frakked up here.

But I can't imagine people voting because of attractiveness. I mean, I'm a guy, a particularly vulnerable guy in terms of when a woman winks at me (which has never happened before Sarah Palin at the debate that I know of), and I would never vote for her.

Okay...this is just a weird day for me, I'm saying random stuff...

-sd-7

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Gregor: "Obama and Biden came a cropper in every election they got involved in with personal tours."

False.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/03/obama-batting-500-in-midterms/

Palin's endorsement percentage was better, 29-17 with some still too close to call.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/03/sarah-palin-endorsements_n_778556.html#s173399

• journey-on
    journey-on

Enlightened Mind and Hemp Lover: If you think that's all Sarah Palin is about, then you haven't honestly done your homework. You are too wrapped up in your prejudices to see beyond her "cuteness". But, I don't want to hijack this thread to debate who and what Sarah Palin may be in the larger picture. I've grown weary of the political banter on this board recently anyway, simply because "sour grapes" have tainted the honest discussion since Tuesday. Let it rest awhile. Sorry, AGuest, for getting off-topic.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Hola, journey-on. I have read many articles about Sarah Palin, from sources across the political spectrum. My opinion of her is based on research.

I'm with you about the political discussion on this board, though I think it's been dishonest since much longer ago than Tuesday.

• EnlightenedMind
    EnlightenedMind

So if we're no fan of Palin, we're either catty, prejudiced, uninformed, suffering from Sour Grapes Syndrome, dishonest, or all of the above. What a logical, well-reasoned argument. Now I'll refrain from commenting further because I don't want to hijack a thread about Sarah Palin, by talking about Sarah Palin....and certainly not because I'm being forced to defend the indefensible.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Boy! That was a real twist of the pretzel!! LOL

(sigh)

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

To me Sarah is a dimwit..she needs to be more serioius and that is the only way anyone would have any confidence in her. She could learn a few things from Mrs Clinton...The iron maiden..

Snoozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit