I've Just Figured Out the Appeal of Sarah Palin!!

by AGuest 73 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

LOL @ POPPERS

• Satanus
    Satanus

' she Froze her "G" Off'

Haha.

S

• journey-on
    journey-on

It's easy to judge people based on their accent or the way they pronounce certain words. I hate to admit it, but I have been guilty of forming an initial view of someone based on their speech patterns myself. Big mistake sometimes. The more I hear Sarah's speeches and the more I read about her, the more I love her. She's a class act. She's one of those women lesser women love to try to demean. Women can be so catty.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" I hate to admit it, but I have been guilty of forming an initial view of someone based on their speech patterns myself."

I'm glad you mentioned that Journey-on, being from the south, and having a slight southern drawl tends to turn the so called

smart people off until they get to know me. Not all people are turned off by a southern drawl though

• journey-on
    journey-on

wasblind....I love a southern drawl. Some of the most brilliant and impressive people I have known in my lifetime had this wonderful accent!

• wasblind
    wasblind

I don't think mines is as deep as others, but you'll know I'm from the south

I don't think mines is as deep as John Edwards

Oh I'm sorry you said brilliant people I don't think poor john qualifies anymore

• Gregor
    Gregor

In Obama's "shellacking" speech/press conference yesterday it was very obvious that his faux humble act involved dropping his 'G's. This was not an accident. It is simply an actors method for appearing like a humbled man. Go back and watch how contrived it was.

Palin's speech is consistent with her regional pronunciations and is genuine. I think she is refreshing and quite intelligent. In many ways, she won the elections she supported. Obama and Biden came a cropper in every election they got involved in with personal tours.

PS Is not the double standard of respect for women obvious when the Palin haters keep depicting her in photo shopped cheesecake pics.?

• Violia
    Violia

We like here b/c she looks like a lot of us and talks like a lot of us and believes like a lot of us. She is very refreshing to listen to - no canned political stuff . I think she is just aboreable and wish my son had married her.( however she is 10-15 yrs too old for him and he has a wonderful wife who btw reminds me of Sarah. So there that is why we like Sarah. She is one of us.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    It's easy to judge people based on their accent or the way they pronounce certain words.

Ummmmmm... I was really trying to be complimentary, dear JO... with a little of "my" brand of humor. That really is it and all. I'm not judging Ms. Palin. I don't even know her. I just happened to catch her in a "victory" speech and noticed she dropped her "g's", is all... and did a kind of "Jay Leno" schtick. No offense intended.

Peace!

SA, on her own... shaking head... and saying that if any other politico had something worth commenting on... seriously or humorously... I just might. But for now, only Ms. Palin caught my... ummmm... funnybone. Laugh... a LITTLE... and often... people

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm from the Deep South and have been told often that I don't sound like it.

I guess the teachers at our little Mission school did too good of a job!

Obama dropping his G's???????

Horrors!

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit