2011 Special Talk: Bible Principles-Can They Help Us to Cope With Today's Problems?

by yknot 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot

Ahh low and behold!

It turns out those Bethelites were being bold!

Brazen is what many with login privileges can be called...

....... knowing that such an important talk outline shouldn't be stalled!

Speak boldly has been the pronouncement of Jehovah, do not be one that stutters....

.........and with that I give you the work of worldwide brothers.....

(yes this post is the result of international collaboration-give your love and thanks to these many fine Anonymous Brothers!!! )

2011 Special Talk!

Outline number 76 (yes this is a 'replacement' of the previous 'jealousy' outline)

TO DOWNLOAD A PDF COPY: http://www.msucity.ru/upload/file/3867

Here is the 'typed out version' (again kudos to an Anony Brother- I just copy/pasted!)

BIBLE PRINCIPLES—CAN THEY HELP US TO COPE
    WITH TODAY’S PROBLEMS?

WHY USE BIBLE PRINCIPLES? (4 min.)
    Today, there is a superabundance of advice on virtually every imaginable subject (Col 2:8; w09 6/1 3-4)
    Whose advice can be trusted for coping with today’s problems?
    The Bible provides timeless principles that are superior to anything offered in the world (Pr 19:20)
    Let us consider how Bible principles can help us deal with four common problems

HOW TO RESOLVE CONFLICTS (5 min.) Many today suffer at the hands of thoughtless and self-centred people (2Ti 3:1-3)
    Some might be inclined to rebel or to react in like manner
    Others adopt the ethic: “What you do not want done to you, do not do to others” (w04 6/1 32)
    Such attitudes have not brought about peaceful relationships
    Rather than simply instructing people not to do bad to others, Jesus stated the principle that we find at Matthew 7:12 [Read]
    Applying this principle means treating others respectfully, fairly, and honestly, showing genuine concern for their welfare
    Jesus gave excellent advice on how to pursue peace (Mt 5:23-25)
    Pursuing peace gives us inner calm and helps us to enjoy happy relationships (Ro 12:18; w09 10/15 9 pars. 7-9)

HOW TO FIND HAPPINESS (5 min.)
    The popular view is to seek happiness through material things, prominence, or other selfish means
    (Eph 2:2, 3; g 4/06 6)
    Such pursuits do not guarantee happiness (Lu 12:15)
    Jesus taught his followers that true happiness comes from being generous [Read Acts 20:35]
    Those who give generously actually prosper (Pr 11:25)
    Includes giving of our time and energy (Pr 19:17)
    Giving generously builds strong marriages and happy families (Php 2:3, 4)
    By giving of ourselves, we bring comfort to the bereaved, the sick, the elderly, and the depressed (1Th 5:14)
    We can find true happiness by showing generosity, knowing that “with such sacrifices God is well pleased” (Heb 13:16)

HOW TO DEAL WITH ECONOMIC PROBLEMS (5 min.) The spirit of this world fosters “the desire of the eyes,” a desire that is never satisfied (1Jo 2:16; Pr 27:20)
    Success is often measured in terms of material possessions, but the determination to be rich is ruinous (1Ti 6:9, 10)
    The Bible provides wise counsel concerning material things [Read 1 Timothy 6:8]
    Contentment involves living within one’s means and keeping a ‘simple eye’ (Mt 6:22; Pr 22:7)
    Heeding this inspired advice will help us to avoid incurring heavy debt, which brings anxiety and insecurity (w03 12/15 23 par. 17)
    Being content helps us to focus on the more important things, such as cultivating a good relationship with God and enjoying a happy and secure family life (Php 1:10; 1Ti 6:17-19)

HOW TO ALLAY ANXIETY (5 min.)
    Anxiety may be caused by concerns over family, health, or finances
    Self-help guides may offer some good ideas, but they can also give harmful advice that leads to disappointment and serious problems.

Practical wisdom is found at Philippians 4:6, 7 [Read]
    Prayer brings us “the peace of God that excels all thought”
    Rest assured that Jehovah knows our needs and will provide for us
    Many anxieties can be avoided or eliminated when we act in harmony with our prayers (Jas 1:5)
    In God’s coming new world, all problems that cause anxiety will belong to the past (2Pe 3:11-13)

WHAT IS THE KEY TO COPING WITH TODAY’S PROBLEMS SUCCESSFULLY? (6 min.)
    The Bible contains practical advice for coping with our problems (Heb 5:14; w05 10/1 13; w02 2/15 6, box)
    Bible principles always work when applied
    Applying Bible principles brings us happiness now and helps us to make wise decisions concerning the future (Ps 128:1, 2; Isa 48:17, 18)

Note practical Bible principles to apply regarding:
    Health problems (Pr 14:15, 30)
    Money problems (Mt 6:31, 32)
    Marital problems (Col 3:14)
    Ethnic and racial hatred (Ac 10:34, 35)
    Harmful associates (Pr 13:20)
    Employment problems (Ps 37:25)

We are pleased to see newly interested ones in attendance
    Please speak to one of Jehovah’s Witnesses so that arrangements can be made for you to learn more
    about how to understand these principles and apply them in your life
    Following practical Bible principles is truly the course of wisdom now and will result in your own eternal
    blessing (Ps 19:7)

(Not all cited texts need to be read)

No. 76-E—page 2 TO BE COVERED IN 30 MINUTES

DOWNLOAD OF PDF: http://www.msucity.ru/upload/file/3867

Huggles!

(Thoughts?)

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Very bland as compared with some other "special" talks. Maybe that's the new strategy?

I remember I gave one that was something about how "soon" the world's religions would be destroyed. Nothing nearly as provocative now.

Honestly, if more of their parts were along these lines and less about how God was going to destroy babies "soon" or how worthless practical living is and helping others is when compared to "preaching" they would be much better off.

Perhaps a sign? Nah, just a lure if you ask me.

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

I agree with Doubting Bro. A very generic, neutral talk. Not something you would expect on Special Talk Day.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have seen plenty of 45-minute outlines, but not so many newer 30-minute outlines.
    With every section being micro-managed like this, there really is little time to stray from the official party positions.

The Bible provides timeless principles that are superior to anything offered in the world

Here's some of the timeless principles superior to current "worldly" stuff:

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

I could go on and on, but that is sufficient. Thanks for posting.

• yknot
    yknot

Well they (The WTS powers that be) know the world ain't ending in their lifetime.....

But I do see them trying to appear 'normal' and not mentioning the 'goofy' or 'controling' stuff....

• Gayle
    Gayle

WHAT?!!!! They don't mention 'once' here about this world ending 'soon' nor that God is going to totally bring paradise and ending these problems soon?? I am just picking up words like "Cope," "Resolve" (like fix it yourself), "Deal with" it. Wow!

Sounding close to or alot or like most religions talk. What's "Special" about that!!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I guess the GB does not want to stir up feelings of when will the end come and try to explain why the end has not already came. Coping with now will sidetrack the flocks' thinking into hanging in there a little longer.

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

This part of the outline tells you why they are toning it down. They know if they come on too strong or bash other religions, the chances of you coming back to a second meeting or start a study are slim.

• bennyk
    bennyk

Conspicuous by its absence: Why is Matthew 24:45 never quoted/cited?

Evidently, "newly-interested ones" are not to be bombarded with the usual 'follow the Slave' crap...

• yknot
    yknot

LOL not in my territory!!! (unless you wanna count those recently born!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit