2011 Special Talk: Bible Principles-Can They Help Us to Cope With Today's Problems?

by yknot 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jakeyen
    jakeyen

i just delivered this talk last weekend, although i change the title using #178 Walk in the way of integrity

brother and sisters really sppreciate my talk very very much, "thats what we need today" sumthing like that

its was wonderful delivering the talk in advance without no one noticing it

wow

• chigaimasmaro
    chigaimasmaro

Anxiety may be caused by concerns over family, health, or finances Self-help guides may offer some good ideas, but they can also give harmful advice that leads to disappointment and serious problems.

This amazines me, that in one sentence about Self help guides, they offer the idea and then deprecate it immediately. So you'd automatically think that ALL self-help books or guides are going to make you worse and destroy your life. I can immediately see the audience nodding in agreement because they enjoy the fact that they have the FDS watching over every step they take and they are given what they need to think and do next.

What a difference a year makes.. if this was 2009 or early 2010 I would have been right there with the rest of them.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I don't see how this qualifies as a "Special Talk" after reading through the outline. If that is so special and all that the Writing Dept can come up with for a "Special Talk", it really shows they are out of material.

Maybe they are toning it down this year after the changes and rhetoric of last year? Who knows? Not me!

Thanks to Yknot and the gang of anonymous contributors to the Apostate Project!

• itsbeenalongtime
    itsbeenalongtime

how do you get the outlines??

• DeathSentry
    DeathSentry

Actuallly one of my relatives is a JW and he said he noticed that they have toned down the talks some; not as much "world coming to an end" type of thing; I guess now with the overlapping generations they realize no one is going to get excited about it anymore...and it has gotten them into a tight corner on more than a few occaisions.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Here is your own invitation to the memorial and the special talk:

http://www.box.net/shared/8co1lu3q1p

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"We are pleased to see newly interested ones in attendance
    Please speak to one of Jehovah’s Witnesses so that arrangements can be made for you to learn more
    about how to understand these principles and apply them in your life"

The speaker might have to make a running adjustment to that bit....or look silly if there are no recognizably new faces there

And what is this "Please speak to a J W" ...would not the dubs come up and say hello?

NB there is so much material that you can just get up and talk from this and you are not allowed to deviate for the Special Talk

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

"Self-help guides may offer some good ideas, but they can also give harmful advice that leads to disappointment and serious problems."

What about:

"Self-help guidesThe Watchtower Society may offer some good ideas, but they can also give harmful advice that leads to disappointment and serious problems."

• yknot
    yknot

Giggles Yall!

SP Talk is this Sunday!!!!

Thoughts?

Huggles!

• Sharpie
    Sharpie

Looks like Jehovah is directing Ynot by giving us this light before the rest of the others lololol ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit