2011 Special Talk: Bible Principles-Can They Help Us to Cope With Today's Problems?

by yknot 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ziddina
    ziddina

THANKS, YKnot!!! for posting this!! Huggies and roses!!

(aaaand now I get to go back and carefully re-read the whole thread...)

• OBVES
  • ziddina
    ziddina

Does anyone besides me [whoops, speaking of arrogance... ], grasp the utter arrogance, lack of contact with reality, and 'self-help-fluff-mentality' of ANYONE who claims to have "solutions" to such difficult problems as dealing with economic problems, resolving conflicts, allaying anxiety, IN JUST FIVE MINUTES??!!!???

Oh, the HUBRIS!!!

Zid

• wasblind
    wasblind

" WHAT?!!!! They don't mention 'once' here about this world ending 'soon' nor that God is going to totally bring paradise and ending these problems soon?? "

No Gayle, they ain't ready for paradise, they don't wanna be pettin' no cow when they could be eatin' a steak.

if I can't have no meat ( and yes it has a double meanin' ) just toss me in the lake of fire

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Yes, why would it not be logical to emulate the social morals of a ancient civilization that existed thousands of years ago in the middle east.

We are looking for people to mentally control and make them totally observant and submissive to are self created laws.

We are power seeking opportunists that run a religious publishing corporation that publishes nothing but the truth.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Food at the "proper" time.

Thanks yknot & collaboraters!!!

om

• dozy
    dozy

" Many today suffer at the hands of thoughtless and self-centred people "

But enough about the Governing Body and Watchtower society...

• yknot
    yknot

" Many today suffer at the hands of thoughtless and self-centred people "

But enough about the Governing Body and Watchtower society...(Dozy)

Oh Dozy that was a 'doozy'

• Room 215
    Room 215

Bland, maybe, but a helluva lot better than sitting through one of those "first, the governments will turn on Bablyon and and then on us!" or "facts demonstrate that God's kingdom was establish in 1914 and the anointed were granted approval in 1919" ...... this is one talk actually aimed at the public-- a rarity these days-- and won't have an unitiated newcomer's head spinning!

• cult classic
    cult classic

LOL dozy, good one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit