Ray Franz Was Wrong

by Farkel 144 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

God rest his soul. Although I never met him personally, he and I did correspond a number of times, and I have numerous friends who have not only met him, but stayed several days with he and Cynthia at their home. If nothing else, Ray was kind, non-judging, and generous. And, it turned out, he became an honest man after shedding the Watchtower lies.

I do take exception to a phrase he used in COC, though. I think he was sincere when he said it, but he was still wrong. He described Jehovah's Witnesses and their relationship with Governing Body members, not as evil people, but as "victims of victims."

I wouldn't be remiss to call dubs "victims." I think they are victims. But dubs don't rule over all aspects of the lives of over 6 million people. The GB does. Only the GB know all the dirty secrets and lies that are hidden by the Watchtower Corporation because they are the ones who hid them. Only the GB know what goes on in their Wednesday afternoon meetings, where wacko ideas are submitted to a democratic-style vote so they can become new doctrine or not. Only the GB knew about their cover-up of Judge Rutherford's 15-year long illicit relationship with Berta Peale and that Beth Sarim was built to get the drunken judge out of Brooklyn and 3,000 miles away before he could do any more damage at Bethel. Only the GB knew about Rutherford's illegally smuggling liquor from Canada during Prohibition. Only the GB knew that their pursuit of Ray Franz was a witch hunt to discredit him because he DARED to have a personal opinion, even though he didn't break any Watchtower laws.

Now I know that there was no formal "GB" during some of the events I mentioned, but all the players who were privy to those events later became GB members. Swingle, Schroeder, Klein, Barr and others were heavy-weights in Brooklyn for decades before the 1970's.

Since the GB has taken upon itself the mantle as God's personal spokesmen, they have a much higher standard of accountability than the rank and file who are powerless by comparison.

They KNEW there was nothing "certain" about their 1975 prediction. They had their expansion and real estate development plans projected out for 10 years in the future up to and including 1975. It's obvious they didn't even trust their own bullshit.

When Nathan Knorr said he "wasn't sure about 1914" back in the 1970's he KNEW that their chronology and the foundation of their entire existence was shaky, since without 1914 as a cornerstone, the GB could have never been given "charge" of all of Christ's belongings in 1919. By making that stated it was clear the erstwhile leader of the Watchtower organization wasn't even sure if they "spoke for God." Or not.

They were not and ARE not "victims" by any definition.

They are lying, cynical, self-worshiping criminals. They are FRAUDS and they know they are frauds. They are murderers with their blood policy. They know it isn't scripture, else why would they "permit" virtually every part of blood to be transfused if done seperately? Oh, I forgot. They haven't stated in print if the "water" component of blood can be transfused.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

"Victims", my ass. Ray, you got that one wrong, I'm sorry to have to say.

Farkel

• cantleave
    cantleave

I agree. There is no way on Earth the GB are ignorant of the fact they head up a cult, one that caused so much harm.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I agree with Ray.

• cantleave
    cantleave

LWT - I think it may have been true with the old guard, not with the GBII.

• The Finger
    The Finger

This bothered me when I read the book.

• bohm
    bohm

A person i know was involved with very believing and high-ranking (just below cardinal) catholics in Ireland about 40-20 years ago. He said it was very clear amongst them that there was different tiers of truth - one picture for the everyday catholic, one for the priesthood, and so on and on. They all believed very strongly, but the rationalization and explanations changed. What some would see as absolute revealed truth, other on higher tiers would see as "fluff".

Thats how i picture the GB. I think the GB ultimately think they are working for the greater good and they are Gods organization but rationalize it differently; "we cant tell people this because it would cause them to loose faith and we would be guilty". The enclosed enviroment with no control apperatus and plenty of supporters to cheer for their every descision create a very unhealthy climate in that regard.

I could easily imagine that some GB members think that 1914 and all that bull is just something that Jehovah want the organization to teach its members for reasons that are not clear right now, but its still important to do it untill the matter is clarified more.

So i would agree with Ray they are victims. But being a victim does not mean a person is without responsiability, and i hold them accountable like i would hold any leader in a totalitarian regime accountable.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I tend to side with Ray on this but instead of calling them "victims of victims" I think it might be better said "victims of their own delusions"

• moshe
    moshe

I looked up to Ray after I left the WT in 1988. His CofC was a big help for me. I kept growing and learning and around 1996 I was free of the religious imprinting that made me a Christian in the first place.

The GB are not victims, but they excuse it with the mentality that they are only giving the JWs what they WANT. The JWs wanted Armageddon to come- the sooner the better (it was only a matter of weeks or months away during WW2)- and 1975 gave all the JWs a huge manic high. Power- they all felt so powerful- as they would live and everyone else who refused their WT Kingdom message would die. Its all about power and now the JWs have none. They should be admitted that everyone else was right, they were wrong and had a real life. The GB won't say it, because the JWs don't want to hear it. No JW wants to do the mea culpa to all their non-JW neighbors and family. They are too proud for that. The 1914 generation BS was just the meat in due season the JWs needed. Now they can put off for another 30 years admitting their whole life has been wasted following of the drunken Judge Rutherford's crackpot end times chronology.

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

I agree with Farkel. They are frauds, and they KNOW they are frauds. Hell- enough R&F are hounded to self-examine their own works, motivations and thoughts etc. Why should the GB be any different? They have access to so much incriminating information and just sit on it.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Lady Lee nailed it.

"victims of their own delusions"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit