Toilet quandries: The seat: Up/Down and Toilet paper direction

by Terry 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

Those who have lived with the opposite sex know of the frustration of being lectured about some triviality.

The toilet seat/paper controversy is among the most inflammatory.

Men who forget to put the toilet seat back down inspire anger, rage, resentment and the stern lecture.

The easiest solution is to train the man to always sit down when he goes.

Others argue over the direction of the toilet paper: forward overlap or backward underlap.

How do you deal with these issues and how violent do you become?

• JeffT
    JeffT

I don't care about the TP thing and don't pay any attention to it.

After forty years or so of marching around announcing that they can do anything a man can do, I can't figure out why women still need us to operate the toilet seat for them.

/running for cover/

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The wife and I have trained ourselves to always put the entire seat down before flushing and leave it that way. It minimizes the mist from the toilet getting out during a flush (granted, in minute amounts). That way, both of us have to lift the seat before and after using it.

We, coincidentally, agree that the toilet paper should come off the top of the roll without it touching the wall under the roll. To us, that makes sense in that designer paper would be seen better this way and it doesn't touch the wall while hanging there.

I have seen couples fighting over the silliest things. Even though my wife and I have these agreements, I find her leaving the tiniest bit of paper on the roll without changing the roll, but she does put the next roll nearby. I just change it and have long-ago stopped being so petty as to say something.

• Ding
    Ding

I'm surprised the Watchtower hasn't come out with rules on this stuff.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

It isn't the action of putting the seat down, y'all still pee all over the rim. Ugh. If he would wipe off the rim and the little specks on the floor, I'd shut up. If we women weren't constantly wiping the floor, our feet would stick to it.

I feel just as outraged at women, who in public bathrooms, are too prissy to sit on the seat, but not so prissy that they will let me accidently sit on their pee! Ugh.

By the way, IMHO, paper comes over the top for the practical reason that it is easier to find the end of the roll.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Replacing the toilet seat and cover should be instilled into boys from when they first use it. It is a matter of decency and hygeine. (So says my wife anyway)

As the toilet paper, that is a simple matter, it should always run from TOP to BOTTOM.

George

• nelly136
    nelly136

i didnt mind hubby leaving the toilet seat up. saved me the bother when i wanted to clean the loo rim with his toothbrush.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Wow...the real debate is why people opt for dry toilet paper when wet are/baby wipes is/are the best!!!

...and whats the big deal about leaving the toilet seat up...just put it back down...women, always making things complicated. But a man should put it back down. Its all about working together as a team! ;)

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I agree with Onthewayout, the whole thing should be shut. It looks better, is more sanitary and things won't drop in it. At first I thought I don't care about the direction of the toilet paper, then I realized that I am the only one in this house that ever changes it, and yes I like it from the top. Because I have all these problems, I squeeze the toothpaste from the middle and leave the lid off so it gets all goobered up ( makes him nuts) Maybe we need to call a truce? NMKA

• nelly136
    nelly136

i dont care which way the toilet paper faces, its always a bonus to find littlun hasnt used the last sheet for her makeup or trainers and youre left with a nekkid cardboard roll when you least need a nekkid cardboard roll.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit