The Doctrine of Hell

by Yizuman 226 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

That was very well said BTS, thanks for that post and link.

• designs
    designs

PS-

What about Tom's essay reconciled the conflagration of this philosophy.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Conflagration ??

I just thought it was an excellent post about God and the nature of His love and our relationship with God.

Not sure what you are asking...

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear designs...

you said: "Step back for a moment and really analyze what such ideas are projecting and promoting...

So when do you think Hell was created and by whom, and maybe throw in your idea of where it is."...

hell was "created" for those that want to be seperate from God...satan and his angels. I've questioned whether this earth will be the depository of those that choose not to turn to God through Jesus Christ. Jesus came to save us OUT OF THIS WORLD and into God's eternal kingdom. When the truth of the gospel message ceases to be relevent in the eyes and hearts of society and the redeemed of God pass on, might God's Holy Spirit pass into eternity with them leaving darkness over the earth? (2 thess. 2:7)

if satan and his angels hate God and His people then it can be said that an "assult" whether physical or by pumulgating misleading information is part and parcel of his "mo"...satan can easily drive a man to unreasonable hatred for God and neighbour in many ways...would these that refuse God's offer of salvation be abandoned to their own devices...hate, war, death, and ultimate destruction of this earth?...this would be a firey hell for those who's "being" (apart from the flesh) is condemned to exist here by their own choice. (2 thess. 2:1-12)

...the bible doesn't say that God created hell...maybe in these last days satan and his angels have "created" the final abode of the "dead", while Jesus Christ (the carpenters son) has been building many mansions for the redeemed.

so...those are my answers to your questions...feel free to analyze them.

love michelle

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

God: "I'll create a bunch of weak mortals and place before them a huge test. I'm smart, so I know that most of them will fail. When they do fail, let's torture them for all eternity. Good times."

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    God: "I'll create a bunch of weak mortals and place before them a huge test. I'm smart, so I know that most of them will fail. When they do fail, let's torture them for all eternity. Good times."

The humour aside and it was funny, LOL, where did you get that POV ?

• designs
    designs

PS, Michelle, DD others-

Substitute Thor for God (as in the Christian concept) and ascribe the love me/I judge you qualities and see how it plays out.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    where did you get that POV ?

LOL. I do realize that this is not your view, PSac. However, I have correctly described the view of some.

I'll edit it for Deputy, below.

God: "I'll create a bunch of weak mortals. I'll only choose a few. I'll allow the rest to be tortured for all eternity. Good times."

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Substitute Thor for God (as in the Christian concept) and ascribe the love me/I judge you qualities and see how it plays out

What ? seriously...what?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    LOL. I do realize that this is not your view, PSac. However, I have correctly described the view of some.

Correct and where did they get that view?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit