These guys crash a Kingdom Hall on Memorial, video included

by Crazyguy 201 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

Oh dear because I deplore invasive methods of treating the JWs, I'm called an apologist for them. Wow! I guess I could be accused of worse things...so I'll take a few deep breaths...

(Insert meaningful pause here)

Now let me set the record straight: I deplore anyone invading anyone else's place of worship in order to corner them, mock and deride them all for you tube consumption. It would be more correct to say I am an apologist for fairness and decency - whether the other party is deemed worthy of it or not. I will not use some JWs unkind, hurtful behavior as a justification for invading their place of worship.

• Ninjamaskinen
    Ninjamaskinen
    You still hold the k hall as a sacred space, steve2. It isn't. The format of most religious assembly halls does not allow real discussion or debate. It is institutionalized madness and control. These guys did no physical harm to anyone or any property. There was a public invite to the space. Political correctness has failed, steve2. These criminal organizations need to be shaken by whatever legal means available.
  • Simon
    Simon
    The worst thing you can say to someone who was damaged by this cult is "get over your anger"

Really? That implies that "give in to your anger" would be wise advice.

It's patently untrue.

The reality is that very, very few people can genuinely harm the WTS and getting angry and trying to get even is only going to hurt yourself. There is nothing most of us can do to really damage the WTS. Sure, we can be disruptive to a few local JWs but unless they are the ones that have personally harmed us, it means we're just being assholes.

Getting over the desire for revenge is not easy, but it is beneficial. Pretending that antics designed to generate personal publicity is productive is delusional.

The truth is that if we wan to harm the WTS we need to help it's members ... to leave. To do that we need to be friendly and approachable and not treat them like they are some enemy.

No, quiet reasoning with people is vastly more effective but of course is never going to get YouTube views or links from facebook is it. No, let's be clear and lets be honest - the people who do the publicity stunts do it for personal publicity and not to help anyone. They are not hurting the WTS, they are helping it. They are not helping anyone leave, they are putting them off.

BTW: The people who genuinely harm the WTS do it in court, not with a camcorder.

• tornapart
    tornapart
    Well, I guess Jesus went into the temple and turned over the money table and chased the animals out but at least he didn't film it and post it on youtube.....
  • DJS
    DJS

Ninja,

Finally, something on which we agree: " A group of men living in ivory towers have created a system of slavery and control over a mass of people who want to believe in a better world. They have taken their money, time and souls. They have made them objects of mockery and have caused children to die and be abused because of their policies. They have lied repeatedly on prophesying the end of the world. They have destroyed many peoples lives by their shunning policy."

• steve2
    steve2

Ninjamaskinen, I did not call the kingdom Hall a sacred place - but whether it is or is not has no bearing on invading that place, armed with camera for public mockery.

I called it a place of worship - and whether we agree or not on Witnesses' meetings constituting worship, that is their property open to the public as it is. Even when you open your home to visitors for a public occasion, the law ptotects you from visitors who might abuse your hospitality.

If an argument needs to ve affixed with an "at least", it's pretty weak. At least no one was hurt. Next time women report to police that a man acted in a threatening way towards them, I guess the cop can say, "well, at least you weren't hurt. Whast you worried about?"

If you are using the evil within as justification for invading people's places of worship, have the courage to target the leaders - not the followers, if you must enact your moral outrage. BTW, how do you know these clowns did not frighten and cause terror among some in attendance How were attendees to know where the invasion would lead?

Again Ninja, you fail to show any sign of the ability to empathize. Oh, and the political correctness football you kick around is a little flat. This is about old-fashioned respecting of your hosts' environment and right to peaceable assembly - hardly modern expectations.

• pbrow
    pbrow

tornapart... it is ok when jesus did it. It was his dad's house! duh ( i can still hear whatshisnuts voice in the bible story tapes saying "stop using my fathers house as a place to make lots of money")

Buddy Christ was the like the honey badger of his day... he didnt give a fuck!

pbrow

• steve2
    steve2

So pbrow - go to it - now you've belatedly seized upon the religious imperative for you-tubing perplexed Witnesses during their memorial meeting.

Why stop the denunciations and mockery there?

Join the legends of believers who adduce Christ as their behavior exemplar. When your views have been roundly condemned by others, make yourself feel better by citing Scripture and soothe those ragged feelings in the basking light of following your leader. Marvellous face saving there buddy!

I look forward to hearing about your plans and exploits regarding holding the Witnesses to task in local kingdom halls for their leaders sins in the days ahead. Behold, readers, pbrow is now a man on a religious mission - out of his way!

• pbrow
    pbrow

What the hell are you even talking about?? I imagine the religious leaders of the day were none to happy that jc turned over the money tables and decried that action as "disrupting the holy place" That is if that story is even true.

You are taking this stunt way too seriously for allah's sakes!! You are also making way too many assumptions about my views simply because I defend someone's unorthodox way of lashing out at a high control religion.

Jesus is my leader about as much as muhammed is.... although at least it is easier to prove that muhammed was actually a real person.

pbrow

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Its interesting you downplay the potential for a physical comfrontation, pbrow. My initial reaction when i saw the video was to think to myself 'if this clown did that in my presence i would have bounced him into the street on his ass in a hurry'. Im not an elder. I havent believed a word of this nonsense in about 5 years. I didnt even want to be at the reject jesus ceremony. But i was there and so was my family, along with a lot of other peoples kids and even elderly people i wouldnt want to see put in harms way. My training tells me when someone acts in an outrageous way, meaning outside the norm for the situation and occasion, they are a danger and need to be delt with as such.

Example: when im at a basketball game or an american football game and people stand up and yell and cheer, this is the norm and nonthreating. Its contextually appropriate. If those same things are yelled and cheered at a religious service its evidance that the person or persons have determined to disregard social norms and limits. At that point it can no longer be assumed they are going to abide by the accepted standards that govern day to day interactions and may resort to more agressive means to get the attention they are seeking. Any implied trust has been lost and you must view them as a threat.

With that as a back drop, i would have most certainly given them something to video they would not have soon forgotten.. And im apostate. It isnt about religion or cults or jesus or any other nonsense you are using to justify juvenile delinquency. Its about simple human decency and respect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit