These guys crash a Kingdom Hall on Memorial, video included

by Crazyguy 201 Replies latest jw friends

• Ninjamaskinen
    Ninjamaskinen
    To the ones commenting, "how dare they interrupt them at their place of worship." Give me a break. How about we ask how dare these people come knocking on people's doors and interrupting their morning, afternoon or evening peddling a cult's agenda. If they're going to make the memorial a public event, be prepared for some objections to the ceremony.
  • Ninjamaskinen
    Ninjamaskinen
    "These guys would never do this in a mosque." Nice comparison. Is that where your standard lies?
  • SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    As the spouse of a JW, who never believed, I say you guys rock. They deserve to get their ritual hijacked. All the pain they cause and then the JWs mock the eucharist? Could have recited the right scriptures and had an even louder voice. Did it feed into the persecution complex of the JWs, sure it did, but Jesus Christ fed the persecution complex of the Jews when he mashed up the moneychangers, so in a way he was doing what Jesus would do, sorta.
  • Ninjamaskinen
    Ninjamaskinen
    Thank you, SonoftheTrinity. They made it public. They must deal with the reality that their doctrine causes suffering.
  • yodastar
    yodastar
    Yep gotta say I'm with Trinity. I do get the freedom of expression etc. but really these guys are so Serious! The meetings are so serious in nature, so formal it would make me sick to enter that tripe again and yes they will think that they have given a great witness because of it. And?
  • steve2
    steve2

Yeah right guys, feed, feed, feed the easily stirred persecution complex. Convince the Witnesses yet again that they are targets of special campaigns. Contribute to their sense of marginalization. You pick your victims nicely. You know it is most unlikely you'd get physically ejected. You're not the first to work through your own private issues by public exhibitionism and bullying.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

A bit of entertainment for young ones and perhaps cathartic in some way for those who disrupted the meeting but in terms of positive impact on anyone then we all know it's going to be pretty much nil.

Sadly, I think there is pretty much zero chance of getting through to a mentally in Witness through any kind of direct action like this. It's water off a ducks back thanks to the demonisation of apostates.

Every single person I know who has been labelled an apostate is considered either a nut job, embittered or a self reliant egotist - usually all three.

I think sites like this, jwfacts, jwsurvey, jwstruggle and others where it is possible to find reason, logic and open debate are fair more useful in guiding those who are waking up to the resources they need to resolve the cognitive dissonance.

• pbrow
    pbrow

Dont rock the boat... be respectful...this was rude and disrespectful...

I heard this same shit for 30 years as a born in. I never wanted to rock the boat, i was always respectful for fear of displeasing my mother, the elders and most of all our great jehovah. I do not claim this was for the kiddies. I do not have any idea if this was done for personal shits and giggles or if they genuinely wanted to help people wake up. This is another tactic. Right or wrong, bad or good, it is another tactic. If it helped even one person to have a distant light of doubt in their brain turned on it was worth it. Who knows how the light of skepticism starts in a person? There is more than one way to skin a cat.

You all can think it was counterproductive and maybe it was. All I know is I remember having doubts as a kid that were squashed as soon as I brought them up. If something like this had happened during a time when I was doubting my faith maybe, just maybe this would have allowed my doubts to grow stronger instead of the constant drum beating those doubts received at the hall.

You can all keep sitting still, making sure to not rock the boat then wake up after 50 years realizing that this was all bullshit. When I finally had my doubts encouraged instead of squashed it was game over for my faith. As for me and my household, we got the fuck out. I lost most longtime "friends" and family but gained my personal freedom.

To each his own. Good luck in your journey

pbrow

• DJS
    DJS

Yeah pbrow,

You've made your point. Over and over and over. We GET it. You think these types of rude, disrespectful, possibly illegal, potentially dangerous, stupid, childish, couter-productive, moronic, narcissistic, egocentric, immature, sophomoric look at me taking a selfie stunts are just wonderful. I predicted that those in favor of these idiotic stunts would dig in. And you have. You just keep repeating the same nonsense. As I've stated before, this is the world wide web, where ANY dumbass viewpoint or opinion can immediately collect a gaggle of like-minded dumbasses who feel the same way.

Whatever the Dark Lords did in no way excuses these types of stunts. Dig in some more.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Just curious:

How effective is this particular "method" of getting people out of the org say, in comparison to sites like jwfacts or even awakened individuals planting seeds of doubt in family members?

Any numbers to reflect the great success you've achieved in your flash-mob style endeavors?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit