These guys crash a Kingdom Hall on Memorial, video included

by Crazyguy 201 Replies latest jw friends

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown
    Those who do such things are taking a very dangerous risk. They risk not having a resurrection when they die; they may cease to exist. Why take the chance?
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell

But similar OPs seem to fall into a generational and gender like/dislike of these types of sophomoric actions. In other words, these types of incidents seem to play well with males under the age of 35 or so. I"m watching this as an ex-Dub who has no love for the Dark Lords and I'm feeling sorry for the rank and file at this Memorial.

I think this is a reflection of society as a whole that the younger generation have no respect for anyone. With the advent of the internet, cell phone cameras they think anything is free game to video and post on youtube. If you read my postings you will know I have no love for this cult but as another poster said it made even myself feel sorry for the dubs there. I can picture my elderly mother sitting there and upsetting her.

• pbrow
    pbrow

William, I can picture my mother there as well. My mother chose this religion. She CHOSE this religion. Think of all the kids in that hall that heard the name and will google the name that came up. Instead of years of dreaded pounding from only the kingdom hall, watchtowers and brochures they all of a sudden have something exciting happen at a kingdom hall. Younger kids WILL check that out. As much as I do not like to say it, your mother and my mother chose their paths. They are laying in the bed they made. While this may not help the older ones... the older ones really don't matter. Get the kids out!

pbrow

• Jay Elle
    Jay Elle

The men pulling this off seemed tipsy.

Or is it just me?

• steve2
    steve2
    These juvenile-minded bullies needed to have been swiftly tresspassed. Given the vulnerability of people attending their religious services, and the dangerous threats that had been made and carried out against the Witnesses over the decades, in any other context this would be grounds for arrest and facing charges such as disturbing the peace.
  • DJS
    DJS

prbow's comments illustrate a consequentalist view, which means that the end justifies the means. This type of view typically is valid only when there are no other viable alternatives. There are a lot of ways to reach born-ins and others that do not include these types of disrespectful, counterproductive actions. In addition, a consequentialist issue typically doesn’t involve pranks and being punked, which insults our intelligence. Consequentialist issues typically deal with very real ethical decisions.

Continuing to respond in a reactionary manner as if this is a critical component of reaching the Borg is immature and completely un-supported by any data.

Another thing I notice for each of these incidents, including the last one where I think it was Cedars who recorded his prank call to a GB member, and that is the pranksters are completely egocentric, narcissistic, posing, look at me individuals. It is clear to me that their intent isn’t to reach poor little born in dubs; it is to disrupt while bringing attention to their narcissistic selves - the selfie generation on steroids. Ashton Kucher wouldn’t even be proud of these idiots.

But the young males will dig their feet in and continue to respond in a manner that suggests their pre-frontal cortices haven’t solidified (and they haven't). We have the same conversation each time one of these is posted.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    It seemed to me that many weren't even paying attention or noticing these guys, I maybe wrong but they looked like zombies thier minds just going through the motions. My wife and her friends went out and partied at a restaurant until 1 in the morning. So much for repecting the night and what Jesus supposedly went through.
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Bunch of fucking lunatic assholes.

• steve2
    steve2

Hey crazyguy, the immediacy and unexpected nature of the gatecrashing can lead to people 'tuning' it out for all kinds of reasons.

It would be interesting to have interviewed these folk afterwards and ask what was going through their minds as this unfolded.

Sometimes, even during more aggressive invasions, people respond in a kind of detached, expresionless way that may lead others to conclude they are 'chilling out'. Far from it...besides there is the added element of being videod taped and not quite knowing where the invasion is leading.

• Gayle
    Gayle

First Amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petitition the Government for a redress of grievances. We should not break the law or right of people to 'peaceably' assemble in order to make our point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit