These guys crash a Kingdom Hall on Memorial, video included

by Crazyguy 201 Replies latest jw friends

• DJS
    DJS

Whether I was an elder has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion. It is yet another Debating strategy used by you and others sharing your views in this OP when you aren't getting your way. I am an expert in this particular field. If you want to dissect me, look at my posting history. I rarely if ever enter OPs where I can't provide significantly to it or where I'm not a subject matter expert.

Ego? I mean, really? You had every opportunity to avoid the keyboard and spare us all your incessant whining about a topic on which few if any adults agreed with you. You make wise-ass comments about a topic you know nothing about. Ego? Really?

If you're going to be a wise-ass, Bro, you really need to be right about your comments, or at least conduct some real research about the topic before O-whining, and pick and choose your battles carefully. Otherwise you just come across as a buffoon.

I'm trying to help you but you have to let me.

• pbrow
    pbrow

Elder dj,

Your appeal to authority has worked. You are the best. I am the worst. You are very good looking. I am not good looking at all. You just tell me where you would like to set up the jc and I will be there.

No one is whining here. We have a disagreement over methods. This is not rocket science.

pbrow

• Illuminated
    Illuminated

From an outside perspective of someone who's never been a JW, I have a hard time understanding how voicing what ever it is you want to voice in a destructive mind control cult ritual, would be considered rude or disrespectful.

That being said, the way they chose to go about it is in a sense making a mockery of not only themselves, but the seriousness of the harm the cult causes. The end result does give the WT the upper hand.

There was a man who went inside Kingdom Halls protesting against pedophilia. The way he did it was powerful and had the ability to make an impact in my opinion. It certainly left me in tears after watching those clips. I agree with posters who say they should have chosen a more powerful stance versus teenage antics.

• steve2
    steve2

pbrow, whether you intend it or not - or even care? - you come across as justifying your actions on the basis of feeling mad as hell about what you went through when you were in the organization. I get it. I can empathize. But I cannot agree with your method of expressing your intense feelings. Simple as that. It's like when people commit dastardly deeds and, in court, try to justify them on the basis of how they were treated.

Often all we do when we give open expression to our feelings without regard for others sense of safety is make matters worse. All else is detail. The Witnesses place of worship was invaded. You have no way of knowing how that impacted on each and everyone in attendance.

As stated earlier, to use some Witnesses' behaviour as a justification for an invasion of their place of worship is lame.

Bullies always blame their victims. I have yet to hear a single word from you that acknowledges the ability to feel empathy for others.

• pbrow
    pbrow

Steve2.. I am not saying there actions are right, but I will not go so far as to say they are wrong. I am saying it takes all kinds of unorthodox ways to get people out of unorthodox situations. I would NEVER do what these guys did. I agree with the majority that this was juvenile. Just because this would not have worked on you or me does not mean it wont work on someone else. This endless parade of "idiots, morons, this will never work is pointless. If dubs wont change until they are ready then If it helped jar one person's faith is it worth it?

My frankness in saying "they lie in the bed they made" is simply acknowledging the obvious fact that they choose to be there. It does not imply that I dont care for the 60+ friends and family members I lost when I left or the millions more who are still stuck in. My goal is to have an impact on the people around me. I take that responsibility very seriously.

pbrow

• cappytan
    cappytan

I still say this was a very douchey thing to do.

• Ninjamaskinen
    Ninjamaskinen
    pbrow, djs is still an elder in his mind. Hence the witty diarrhea constantly spilling out of his mouth.
  • Ninjamaskinen
    Ninjamaskinen
    "I can't agree with the method they are using to express their anger." steve2, you sound like an apologist. Did anyone get hurt? NO. It sounds like you and some others (like djs) still hold the jw meetings sacred. They aren't.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

I don't see any purpose in going to a meeting to confront any still believing Jehovah's Witness. At one time we were just as they are: convinced we had "the truth" and brainwashed to believe any so called apostate was mentally deranged and bitter. Showing up to disrupt a meeting would simply convince me that the Watchtower was right about apostates, and so must be right about everything else. You will not jar anyone's faith, you will just simply confirm it

So, what is the point? To hurt current believing JWs? Do you not remember when you were a believer? Do you think hurting them will prove anything or make you feel better? It won't. Direct your anger to the Watchtower, not individual congregations or individuals. Or better yet, get over your anger, it's better for you anyway to not be bitter and angry.

There are many ways to protest what the Watchtower is doing. Contact local media, start up a petition, post on media reports about Jws, post on Facebook, write your congressman, write to the editor of your local newspaper. But don't walk into the kingdom hall and act like a jerk and expect me to praise you for it.

• Ninjamaskinen
    Ninjamaskinen

LisaRose The worst thing you can say to someone who was damaged by this cult is "get over your anger". I don't think you grasp the gravity of the situation here. I will break it down for you. A group of men living in ivory towers have created a system of slavery and control over a mass of people who want to believe in a better world. They have taken their money, time and souls. They have made them objects of mockery and have caused children to die and be abused because of their policies. They have lied repeatedly on prophesying the end of the world. They have destroyed many peoples lives by their shunning policy.

So, a few guys standing up and interrupting a morose and lifeless ceremony and promptly leaving makes you mad?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit