Thought stopper: "We are the only ones doing what Jesus did."

by sabastious 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa aka Debator said:

Hi Bortherdan

We ask Jehovah in Jesus's name not Jesus directly.

John 16:23
    In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

This is Jesus's own explanation unless you are calling him a liar?

My reply: Go read John 14:14...but not in the New World MisTranslation.

• serein
    serein

hebrews 11:36 Some faced jeers and flogging, while still others were chained and put in prison. 37 They were stoned [f] ; they were sawed in two; they were put to death by the sword. They went about in sheepskins and goatskins, destitute, persecuted and mistreated— 38 the world was not worthy of them. They wandered in deserts and mountains, and in caves and holes in the ground

shouldnt go round telling bare face lies then should they,

also people from all relgions have had things like that done to em so they not only once the jwwitleses

its the ones doing the will of god who gets saved not the ones who go round telling people ther interpretaions of it, god sees the hearts and if they minds arnt right they dooooooooomed,or is it the other way round

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

We just had someone come to our door the other day from a non-denominational church. Mormons are also known for preaching and I've had Southern Baptists come to my door before.

• debator
    debator

Hi tweetie

It's all in the message.

Acts 17:11
    Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

If you think the book of Mormon suppasses the Bible become a mormon!

Non-dominational church isn't that an oxymoron? what can a non-commital faith preach except only the very basic, depthless teachings?

Some Religions still sometimes make an attempt at preaching but what is their message? If they are simply preaching a triune god not found in the bible does this count?

It is not just that the Jehovah's witnesses preach world-wide (which fewer religions even attempt because their blurred faith undermines preaching a specific bible teaching with confidence) It is that I saw them preaching the most accurate teachings reflecting what the bible actually says in harmony with it all not just proof texting scriptures for their own doctrine.

One of the biggest changes from Jews to Christians is living by Bible principles not just a set of rules. Understanding why something is wrong. Without it having to be specifically mentioned biblically. Being able to see from fruitage the way the world is wrong in God's eyes not just because we are told it is wrong.

Some of the oldest questions in the book are; Does it matter what we believe? Who is our Almighty God that we obey? Why should we obey Jehovah?

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Only read half way down the first page, but I saw Tammy's question and had to chime in:

I don't think they have growth actually, in comparison to the population growth of the world.

Using last years growth numbers off the yearbook, it takes approximately 5.5k hours per person to baptism. That's using the hours spent in field circus divided by the total amount baptized for the year.

Sounds like a piss poor effort to get new converts. Inefficient.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Ren/Bator said:

Hi tweetie

It's all in the message.

My reply: OK, agreed. JWs have preached false prophecy repeatedly over the last century. Therefore, they certainly are not doing what Jesus did.

Ren/Bator said:

Acts 17:11
    Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

My reply: The governing body saw fit to modify this scripture to say that this only applies before you get baptized as one of JWs.

Ren/Bator says:

If you think the book of Mormon suppasses the Bible become a mormon!

My reply:

If you think the governing body suppasses the Bible become a Jehovahs Witness!

Ren/Baotr said:

Non-dominational church isn't that an oxymoron? what can a non-commital faith preach except only the very basic, depthless teachings?

My reply: An ignorant staement by an ignorant person...and a baseless assertion.

Ren/Bator said:

Some Religions still sometimes make an attempt at preaching but what is their message? If they are simply preaching a triune god not found in the bible does this count?

My reply:

Some Religions still sometimes make an attempt at preaching but what is their message? If they are simply preaching false prophecies and rules as doctrine not found in the bible does this count?

Ren/Bator said:

It is not just that the Jehovah's witnesses preach world-wide (which fewer religions even attempt because their blurred faith undermines preaching a specific bible teaching with confidence) It is that I saw them preaching the most accurate teachings reflecting what the bible actually says in harmony with it all not just proof texting scriptures for their own doctrine.

My reply:

JWs do not preach world wide, they have not penetrated much of the Islamic nations for one thing. But even if they did, lies can be spread just as quickly as truth...so that proves nothing. They have simply preached flase prophecy over a century, and attempted to proved their doctrines by proof-texting, isogesis and their owned canned answers that lack any sort of depth.

Ren/Bator said:

One of the biggest changes from Jews to Christians is living by Bible principles not just a set of rules. Understanding why something is wrong. Without it having to be specifically mentioned. Being able to see from fruitage the way the world is wrong in God's eyes not just because we are told it is wrong.

My reply: Agreed. This is not something JW do. they simply follow a new code of law, issued by the governing body.

Ren/Bator said:

Some of the oldest questions in the book are; Does it matter what we believe? Who is our Almighty God that we obey? Why should we obey Jehovah?

My reply: Whose book?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit