Thought stopper: "We are the only ones doing what Jesus did."

by sabastious 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious

This is one of the top thought stopping phrases here.

It invalidates ANY argument presented against the organization. It basically says this:

"It doesn't matter who did what in the Org, it doesn't matter how bad things get, we are the ONLY ones doing what Jesus did, therefore all errors and corruption are disregarded as we await the End."

It's genious really. Convince the rank and file that they are the ONLY ones doing the work of Jesus and use it to hide behind when things go awry.

-Sab

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I was thinking the same thing. They are genious. They hide behind their preaching work. What is funny though is that it doesn't matter how large or extensive your preaching work is...if you are preaching the wrong thing...

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Jesus did not go door to door.

Jesus practiced miracles.

So, kinda - miraculously, they control and manipulate close to 7,000,000 people in the world.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Jesus preached in synagogues, in public places and out in the open for all to hear, he even had debates with the religious leaders of his time inpublic, when was the last time a JW did ANY of that ?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    What is funny though is that it doesn't matter how large or extensive your preaching work is...if you are preaching the wrong thing...

They say their preaching work is so extensive, but they never seem to realize the pitiful results they are getting from BILLIONS of hours of work. Their growth is very little. They don't distinguish between born-in baptisms and from the world. I wonder what the percentage per year growth is of just converts from the preaching work, 1% a year?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    So, kinda - miraculously, they control and manipulate close to 7,000,000 people in the world.

They don't control all 7 million though. They are losing their foothold I think.

-Sab

• designs
    designs

Ask a Christian or a JW to go with you to Synagogue

ya, that's the look.......

• tec
    tec

I don't think they have growth actually, in comparison to the population growth of the world.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Ask a Christian or a JW to go with you to Synagogue

Yeah, how come they aren't going into false religious buildings and calling down woe upon them unless they change their path?

-Sab

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    I wonder what the percentage per year growth is of just converts from the preaching work, 1% a year?

Yeah, I think it has been estimated that the growth going on right now can all be contributed to the children being born in the org. So their preaching work is pretty much doing nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit