Thought stopper: "We are the only ones doing what Jesus did."

by sabastious 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Using imperfection of man as an argument is just silly. It has always about what God's people do despite making mistakes and how much we have faith in Jehovah rather than pointing the finger at our imperfection.

When is it ok to point out imperfection of the WT leaders? It's seem very ok for them to point at the rank and file, but whenever the GB makes a mistake it's minimized as "human imperfection."

Why can't I just cheat on my wife and then say "I'm imperfect, what do you expect?"

-Sab

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Ray said it best:

While asking for tolerance and balanced assessment for itself as it’s due, it denies this to all others.

The result of others that cannot accept these teachings (even though later were proved false) is disfellowshiping, being cut off as worthy of death.

The organization discounts as only “incidental” the errors it publishes, yet, if those same errors are not accepted or are objected to, they paradoxically become of enormous importance, sufficient to warrant taking the disfellowshiping action. This thinking makes it appear that God is very displeased with any person who fails to accept errors that a claimed messenger of God may speak in His name, displeased that the person should insist on “testing everything” and holding fast only to that which proves good and true.

• The Finger
    The Finger

The world wide preaching of Christ's return in error is of no benefit to anyone

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Using imperfection of man as an argument is just silly. It has always about what God's people do despite making mistakes
    and how much we have faith in Jehovah rather than pointing the finger at our imperfection..
    One of the reasons I am a Jehovah's witness is there ability to recognise and be refined from mistakes that they accept will happen......debator/Comatose Reniaa

"Imperfections of man" is not the topic of the thread,Genius..

LOL!!..

The thread is about,whether Jehovah`s Witness`s are doing what Jesus did..

They Fail..

Just as you Fail..To give On-Topic Answers anytime you post..

And..What about this Priceless gem..

One of the Reasons your a Jehovah`s Witness is..

there ability to recognise and be refined from mistakes that they accept will happen.."

What the Hell does that mean?..You forgot to take your medication today?..

It makes absolutely no sense..LOL!!..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

debator, Christendom was doing the preaching work 2000 years before JWs! You even admit that there was a faithful slave class before Russell.

Let me tell you this too, Christianity is doing the preaching work on a far larger scale than JWs, you just refuse to see it. They are doing even more than this. They are feeding the poor, helping the sick, and taking care of literal widows and orphans.

YOU PEOPLE ARE NOT! You say it's not important. And that is why Jehovah will eventually destroy this organization. And all the Christians will say, "Too bad for them..."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The real question is why doesn't faith in God inspire christendom to do the preaching work first and formost?.....debator/Reniaa

The Title and Subject of the Thread isn`t working for you..

So you`d like to change it?..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Also, before you bring out the "door to door" excuse, let me say that the door to door method DOES NOT WORK. You spend over a billion hours a year to get VERY little increase.

Christians do things that DO help and ARE effective. They bring people to Christ by feeding them and taking care of their infirmaties so that they CAN come to Christ.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Christians do things that DO help and ARE effective. They bring people to Christ by feeding them and taking care of their infirmaties so that they CAN come to Christ.

The best preaching there is: Matthew 25: 31-46 :)

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

For those interested, her is the Matthew 25 account:

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

37 "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40 "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

44 "They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

45 "He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

46 "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Yep, when was the last time the JW's did that? whe was the last time the WT set up a group or a hospital or a mission for people like that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit