Thought stopper: "We are the only ones doing what Jesus did."

by sabastious 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• debator
    debator

Hi Brotherdan

You keep trying to say I'm saying salvation by works but that is not the point. It is that true faith inspires works. When looking at Abraham, moses, David etc they all made mistakes throughout their lifes but they had faith and it showed in their works despite their imperfection.

How do I know Jehovah's witnesses are Jehovah's people I recognise them by the works that their faith inspires.

hebrews 11:36Some faced jeers and flogging, while still others were chained and put in prison. 37 They were stoned [f] ; they were sawed in two; they were put to death by the sword. They went about in sheepskins and goatskins, destitute, persecuted and mistreated— 38 the world was not worthy of them. They wandered in deserts and mountains, and in caves and holes in the ground.

39 These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised. 40 God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Maybe the point is to subtle for you to understand?

• serein
    serein

i was watching a clip otherday on some other religion preaching the good news

and they beleive just about the same as the jws do and they give books and mags out freely called the good news,

and i thought they were so remarcably like the jws, so next time my elder comes round bugging me to come back im gona say but iv found a new branwashing group to follow

and u both beleive the same so now im confused as to which ones right now,

"not realy id never be brain washed ever again, but they are very similer, the united church of god and the jws i thought,

i dint look into em much but from the bits i did see of em they doing a dam good job of preaching the good news....... similer not the exact same but to the one brain wave theyd be totaly brain washed by em,

iv since grown a few more brain waves and now iv seen the light and im now im not blinded by the truth i can see.

• antes8080
    antes8080

yeah door to door dont work or doing street work just couse you preach dont mean your doing jesus work.... i started thinking alot when in elder said 1 out of 70 studies beacome jw thats not gd at all... so i guess jehovah dosent whant alot ppl to get save and get to paradise

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I understand your point debator. It isn't too subtle.

You really need to realize that I am not a person that does not know about Jehovah's Witnesses. I am 30 years old and was baptized at 12. I did not come to the conclusions that I have until a year and a half ago. So do not think that I do not understand, nor have not USED your own arguments.

But the arguments that I used do not hold up under examination.

The main thing, in Matthew 25, that Jesus was looking for is feeding the hungry, the thirsty, and helping those in need. You're preaching work did not fit in to those who gained salvation.

I also hope you will read this point. YOU HAVE NOT PREACHED EARTH WIDE! You have not. Maybe the JW organization has used people to do this, but you yourself cannot claim this "work". It is a scapegoat to think that you have accomplished the work because OTHER PEOPLE have preached earthwide.

And if you are preaching the wrong doctrine, you could preach to every man, woman, and child alive today. It wouldn't matter. We CAN NEVER do enough for God.

We are dependant on His free gift of Grace.

I implore you to do something, and I am asking you, debator, personally to do this:

1. Say a prayer to God

2. Tell Him (and mean it) that you are not afraid of the truth and where it leads you

3. Tell Jesus that you want and NEED salvation. It is NOT wrong to talk to Jesus. Stephen did it. John did it in the final verse of the Bible. KNOW Jesus. You cannot KNOW someone without talking to them.

5. Pray to the Holy Spirit and ask Him to teach you

6. Begin an in depth Bible study without the use of man-made Watchtower helps.

This is the best advice I can give to you. I do not know if you are honest hearted or not. But if you are, I pray that you will do these things and come to God. He DOES love you, and even though many on this site will say that I am just talking to a troll, I know that you are a real person with real feelings. I actually believe that you WANT to know the truth about God. I hope you come to Him.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I also want to point out John 14:13,14 to show that you CAN ask Jesus for something: "Also, whatever it is that YOU ask in my name, I will do this, in order that the Father may be glorified in connection with the Son. If YOU ask anything in my name, I will do it."

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa:

How do I know Jehovah's witnesses are Jehovah's people I recognise them by the works that their faith inspires.

My reply:

Their works are inspired by faith in man...not God...shown by the spirit in which their works are done.

• debator
    debator

Hi brotherdan

But I think they are preaching the right doctrine. You are right there preaching is irrelevent if you haven't got the doctrine right

Trinity needed lie scriptures for 1 john 5:7 to be put in the bible in the 15th century. Why would God use a doctrine that needs lies and false scriptures? Constantly changing and murky to fit different denominations.

IMO the witnesses are a million miles more accurate than the blinkered christendom still mired in 1700 year old greco/roman doctrine put on the Bible.

You put an awful lot of emphasis on charity works but you forget that Jesus talked about preaching as feeding etc you miss the whole point of his coming to us which isn't just to feed poor in a literal way but in a spiritual way which is our main command.

Physical food will only prolong life in this world it is the spiritual food of teaching God's word that saves.

John 6:27
    Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. On him God the Father has placed his seal of approval."

Which is a greater good? handing a loaf to a poor person for a meal patting him on the head in your superiority of riches or teaching him to be a better person by God's standards so he can help himself and others as your equal and fellow Christian literally saving lifes by preachign god's kingdom?

I have great respect for literal charities that we have in this world but there are plenty of them but only one that feeds people the accurate life-saving biblical spiritual food that they need so badly and they are the Jehovah's witnesses.

Do you not consider spirituality important anymore?

• debator
    debator

Hi Bortherdan

We ask Jehovah in Jesus's name not Jesus directly.

John 16:23
    In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

This is Jesus's own explanation unless you are calling him a liar?

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR
    I have great respect for literal charities that we have in this world but there are plenty of them but only one that feeds people the accurate biblical spiritual food that they need so badly and they are the Jehovah's witnesses.

Like a drug addict needs a daily fix. Cult mind control as employed by the New York publishing company, has left Jehovah's witnesses addicted to a mind altering organisation. To call it spiritual food is like calling cardboard, steak. Fortunately help is available for these sad, undernourished and deluded people.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I don't remember Jesus telling people they couldn't have blood transfusions, oral sex, or celebrate his birthday. Funny how the WT adds so much more to what Jesus did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit