Thought stopper: "We are the only ones doing what Jesus did."

by sabastious 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Thought stopper: "We are the only ones doing what Jesus did."

Jesus condemned Pharisaic hypocrisy and scrupulousness. He cared less about outer appearances, and more about the state of a person's inner self.

Jesus fed the hungry and healed the sick.

Jesus forgave his persecutors, even as he was dying on the Cross.

Jesus preached a gospel very different from the Jehovah's Witnesses.

The JWs are not doing what Jesus did.

BTS

• sabastious
    sabastious
    The JWs are not doing what Jesus did.

That definitely an "OH SNAP!"

-Sab

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    "We are preaching like Jesus did" turns out to be a side point for the householder and I believe it is more intended for the R&F to say when their beliefs undergoe scrutiny.
    Just my two cents.
    -Sab

Hey Sab..

It`s usually said after I`ve Pissed them Off..LOL!!..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• sabastious
    sabastious
    It`s usually said after I`ve Pissed them Off..LOL!!..

Lol, exactly. It's the "Ultimate Ace in their own minds."

-Sab

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Another example of using their bogus translation to say, "we're the ONLY ones doing this...."

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Jesus went from "house to house".

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that any Apostle went from "house to house".

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that any Christian disciple went from "house to house".

Interestingly, at Luke 10:7, where it says (in the NWT!!) "Do NOT go from house to house", the Greek is "ex oikia eis oikia"-- "from-house-to-house". Simple, right? But at Acts 5:42 AND Acts 20:20, the Greek is "katah oikos", translated properly as "in every house" or "according to house", but in BOTH places the NWT says "house to house"! I mean, you don't have to be a Greek scholar to see this!

Amazingly, the footnotes right in the NWT tell the true story: "In private houses" or "according to house". In other words, it was fine and dandy to teach someone the gospel in their own home. That's it! Those little asterisks in the NWT are basically saying, "We are crock full of shit!"

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Amazingly, the footnotes right in the NWT tell the true story: "In private houses" or "according to house". In other words, it was fine and dandy to teach someone the gospel in their own home. That's it! Those little asterisks in the NWT are basically saying, "We are crock full of shit!"

Those asterisks are there to "prove" that they aren't trying to manipulate and are being "honest."

Man, the shady dealings in the NWT are flabbergasting, really.

-Sab

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

PS, the first use of "kat oikov" by Luke in Acts is Chapter 2 and there the NWT translated it as private homes because it is in regards to brealing bread.

When they afterwards change the meaning to house to house AND preach that it means the same as doo-to-door, they are being dishonest to their very own translation.

And they are NOT following basic translation rules in regards to when a writer uses a term for the first time and even more so in the case of ACTS because it is written by Luke, the very same Luke of the GOL that states, like you show, how Luke writes "house to house" and MEANS "house to house", which does NOT match with those passages in ACTS.

• undercover
    undercover
    "We are the only ones doing what Jesus did."

Jesus sold Watchtower and Awake magazines?

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

When he sent out the 70 pairs of men, he told them to stay at the homes and teach them. Then they returned to Jesus to tell him their experiences. Then one would assume that they went home. They didn't go back out into the ministry.

Even then they would be called missionaries because they stayed in the territory.

I sound like a freaking witness.

• Ding
    Ding

I wonder why no archaelogist has ever unearthed the time cards Jesus kept on his disciples.

I also missed the part where he told them to build buildings called Kingdom Halls where they could refuse to partake of bread and wine on Nisan 14.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit