Thought stopper: "We are the only ones doing what Jesus did."

by sabastious 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover
    "We are the only ones doing what Jesus did."

Now if JWs were to routinely turn water into wine, that might be worth looking into... at least during parties

• myelaine
    myelaine

luke 4:18-19...20

Jesus preached A LOT about Himself...and WHAT He was DOING...

The GB don't direct the JW's to preach about Jesus or what He did for all mankind...they put a low value on the work of Jesus Christ by limiting the toto "nature" of His sacrifice as well as limiting the number who can partake to only 144,000.

The GB need the grace of God(Jesus) IN their lives before they can DO anything like Jesus..."like" springs from "like"...

love michelle

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

this thread is hilarious...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Was Jesus the only one in the Bible that worked hard at preaching and converting?

Matthew 23:15 (American Standard Version)

15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte; and when he is become so, ye make him twofold more a son of hell than yourselves.

So, Watchtower can continue crossing land and sea to proselytize, just like the scribes and Pharisees before them. But Jesus warned that their message would take them all straight to hell.

• Scully
    Scully

Jesus got baptized at the age of 30. Any kid raised JW who isn't baptized before puberty is looked upon with suspicion and treated like crap within the congregation.

Jesus associated with people that the religious zealots would have nothing to do with. JWs ignore and actively shun those in the congregation who require support and encouragement.

Jesus fed multitudes who came to listen to him. It has been years since the WTS stopped providing food at large conventions they organize and actively discourage JWs from frequenting local dining establishments when attending these conventions.

Jesus performed miracles: turned water into wine, raised the dead, fed the multitudes, yadda yadda yadda. JWs turn people into brain-dead drones and mind-f*cked cultists. Some miracle.

Jesus preached? He certainly didn't preach that Armageddon would come "very soon", "in our lifetime", and that it would be foolish to get an education or a career. I guess the JWs have outdone Jesus in that regard.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

This is the final argument my wife always holds on to.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

What flatheads. I do not see them healing or taking care of the sick and poor. They should not be able to get away with selecting some specific thing Jesus did, and claim falsely that they are the only ones doing that, while at the same time NOT doing other things Jesus did while others are doing that. Thought stopper? Yes. The speaker is showing their thoughts have seized up.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear kurtbethel...

you said: "I do not see them healing or taking care of the sick and poor. They should not be able to get away with selecting some specific thing Jesus did, and claim falsely that they are the only ones doing that, while at the same time NOT doing other things Jesus did while others are doing that."...

God has brought plenty of people to them(6 million or so today?) for the "touch" of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ...but they get the GB touch

love michelle

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    God has brought plenty of people to them(6 million or so today?) for the "touch" of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ...but they get the GB touch

It wasn't God that sent/brought anyone to the WTBTS.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

It was a thought stopper for me, that's for sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit