No one is going to Heaven (and my introduction to the forum)

by sobrino1 135 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AimeeV
    AimeeV

I agree =) ...this isn't the best medium is it?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Well I agree with that statement as well. I never said the earth would be unihabited. My ENTIRE argument is that heaven is a real destination for followers of Christ.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

It seems like your entire argument is your comparing the words "of" and "the". That's why I said your argument is not hermeneutically sound. Especially when to be absent from the body is to be present with Christ. Your concept just doesn't hold up under the weight of the scriptures.

• sobrino1
    sobrino1

Let me ask a question for those to hold to the belief that you die, go to heaven, then come back to earth:

If you die and go to heaven and are conscious of it, and thus alive, what is the point of the resurrection? I mean... you're already alive!

Is it merely a reunion of body w/ whatever went to heaven? If so, where in the Bible is the resurrection of a "person", just of a body?

• cult classic
    cult classic

Welcome Sobrino!

• AimeeV
    AimeeV

When Paul is caught up to what he calls "the third heaven" he says "Whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows" (2 Corinthians 12:3. Of course he had not died so that's a factor, but I can't say I can answer your question sobrino1 with any actual evidence but will echo what Paul said, "God knows"...

• Chalam
    Chalam

sobrino1 If you die and go to heaven and are conscious of it, and thus alive, what is the point of the resurrection?

To get a resurrection body 1 Corinthians 15

Blessings,

Stephen

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hi, Sobrino!! Welcome to the board!!!

As for the comments regarding a heavenly hope - hey, don't let it bug you too much. Many here on-board went from being Jehovah's Witnesses to being some other form of Christian with a "heavenly" hope....

However, those of us who are "pagan" - Neo-PolyTheist - and have done some research on the origins of the bible, realize that the bible is a somewhat cobbled-together groups of writings authored by Middle Eastern Bronze Age herdsmen. The contradictions between the "heavenly" hope and an "earthly" hope, are only a small portion of the contradictions within the bible...

As has been stated by some people on-board, the bible can be used to "prove" just about any viewpoint on earth - which is one means by which the Watchtower Society has gained so much control over 7 million people...

Please continue to feel free to state your viewpoints. Most fellow posters will [SHOULD!!! A- HEM!! Guys!!!] show respect for your viewpoint, even if it differs from theirs...

Zid - the board's resident she-devil...

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

*jab into my side, zid*

I know, I got heated on this one. Most of it was pure bordom...

• sobrino1
    sobrino1

Chalam: To get a resurrection body 1 Corinthians 15

So, I take it, the resurrection to you is not of persons but of 'bodies'? But even here, it is more or less a 'giving of a new body'?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit