No one is going to Heaven (and my introduction to the forum)

by sobrino1 135 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Also, if to be absent from the body is to be WITH Christ...how can that work? Look at the passage at 2Cor 5:1-8:

For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For indeed in this house we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven; inasmuch as we, having put it on, shall not be found naked. For indeed while we are in this tent, we groan, being burdened, because we do not want to be unclothed, but to be clothed, in order that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. Now He who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave to us the Spirit as a pledge. Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord — for we walk by faith, not by sight — we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.

How are you able to twist this scripture?

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Solider why is everyone so quick to Die to find out if there is a Heaven or not..

Party with us and maybe we can hasten your trip. LOL

Party hard leave a good looking Corpse.

I love your Spirits!

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Brotherdan,

"How are you able to twist this scripture?"

Why are you so defensive? This is a new poster.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Darth Plaugeis, huh? I'm not quick to die my sith lord! I am loving life and loving MY life living it! Death is coming, sometime, it always is, but when I go, I want to go with a smile on my face! WHERE I go, well, I don't really care, well, maybe I do care to some degree, but I am focusing on living a good, well-balanced life now, in the only reality I know of at this time. What comes next, bring it!

I got more spirits for ya all too...

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Just sticking to the Bible. You CAN twist the Bible. And this isn't a new exJW. This is a person that has never been a JW, so I'm not walking on eggshells.

If someone said, "The Bible doesn't teach that God exists" and then tried to show biblical support, I would also say, "You are twisting the scriptures."

I don't want to run the person off, but I'm not going to just say "Welcome" and tuck my tail between my legs.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Since I never had a fear of Death because of my Paradice....

now that is gone and....... OMG I still don't fear death. Is that Normal?

I'll worry about what waits for me when I die. If I'm a spirit..... I'm screwed!

If not I'm worm food!

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

I said this was new poster not an exJW.

"If someone said, "The Bible doesn't teach that God exists" and then tried to show biblical support, I would also say, "You are twisting the scriptures."

But this poster believes in the Bible.

"I don't want to run the person off, but I'm not going to just say "Welcome" and tuck my tail between my legs."

Okay, is there no middle ground between running him off and tucking your tail between your legs?

• sobrino1
    sobrino1

Brotherdan: I don't even know where to begin to show how wrong you are about heaven

Start with the Bible....

Are you a Witness Dan? You sure do debate like one.. simply using fallacies calling things "silly" and making accusations here and there but you haven't proven what you say I'm doing..

But back to John 14: If Jesus "comes back" and his disciples are where he is, and if He is on earth since he came back... then Christians will be on earth, won't they dan? (especially in light of Rev 5:10)

Brotherdan: You are taking a verse out of context and misapplying WORDS.

Like suggesting "kingdom of heaven" is really "kingdom IN heaven" ? Is that what you mean?

You also said earlier that most scholars disagree with me..... Actually, the majority agree with me on this.. Most believe man's eternal dwelling place will be in the "new heavens and new earth." (see Douglas Wilson's Heaven misplaced; NT Wright's Surprised by Hope; etc. )

How clearer can Jesus be than Matt 5:5?

• sobrino1
    sobrino1

Leolaia: Would I be correct in understanding you that you believe that heaven is not a destination at all, whether immediately at death or in the resurrection?

Yes, that would be my position. And thank you for being friendly, even though you probably disagree.......unlike that other post

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

So to be absent with the BODY is to be present with the Lord.

So when we die, we are stuck on earth without a body?

And talk about fallacy...you said:

Actually, the majority agree with me on this

Uh...I did a search and found exactly 3 that agree with you, hardly a majority. And yes, it sounds silly to me. It sounds to me like you read a book, convinced yourself of this concept based on HUMAN REASONING, and are now pretending to be an expert.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit