Today I seized the day...and disassociated myself

by carpediem 63 Replies latest jw friends

• carpediem
    carpediem

thanks all. Good to let it all hang out on here.

Wingcommander - yes I work so have no worries there.

anyway, thanks all for your support - got to dash off to work and earn a crust but brb!

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

Way to go! I'm sure you will be much happier.

I have a cousin and a friend who both da'd themselves via email and it was no problem. My cousin tried to da herself via text message and they wouldn't accept that, but they did accept the email.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Well done, you have done what is right by you by your rules. It's a cult, legal procedure is irrelevant.

• littlebird
    littlebird

Welcome to the rest of your life. You can take on anything now!

• zeroday*
    zeroday*
    Is it mandatory to either be DF or to DA?
    The reason I asked that we haven't attended a meeting for almost two years now. We weren't DF and we haven't written a letter of DA. We just literally faded. Do they not just cross you off their records or whatever for non-attendance?
    Thanks.
    LI

I would think they would have to meet with you before they can take any action. If you moved to another town or state there is not much they can do to DF or consider you DA'd...

• bigmac
    bigmac

well done

i'm sure its a great weight off your mind

welcome to the rest of your life

i wish you every happiness.

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

I was thinking of doing the same thing! I think it will help me in letting go of the past. Even thoguh I've been out for so long (12 years). Its kinda like living with the one who you love but not getting married. After a while it's like, why not? and you do and it feels great to do that. Congradulations!

• Markfromcali
  • cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

@li: they wont delete you off their records even if you are Dfd or DAd. THey keep you foreever :=)

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

AHHH CYBERJESUS----You ruined it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit