Today I seized the day...and disassociated myself

by carpediem 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

carpediem, I like your spirit! take the fight to them and shove it up their ass! Rock it!

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali
    they wont delete you off their records even if you are Dfd or DAd. THey keep you foreever :=)

In the grand scheme of things they will end at some point.

"Tiiiiime.. is on my side - yes it is!"

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Great news and good for you.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Congratulations!

My husband says he has no choice. In my view he always has a choice.

You are correct. People say they "have no choice" to comfort themselves over a decision they have already made. The Borg makes them feel that way using the commitment and consistency principles. Once you have committed, all subsequent decisions will be heavily influenced by the desire to remain consistent with that commitment. That is why they bother with the rituals surrounding dedication and baptism and why they use the language they use when discussing it.

Breaking out of it is difficult but not impossible. We all have.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

Carpie Diem - Well done I can almost feel your freedom for you - it's good to finish unfinished business.

Thanks to those who replied to my query,

LI

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

You just said to them: YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!!!! I QUIT!!!!!!!

EXCELLENT JOB!!!! TODAY IS A DAY TO CELEBRATE!

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

Blessed freedom...hurray and huzzah, carpediem! I admire your spirit

Congrats.

• laverite
    laverite

I've been feeling very down and upset by what Brother Dan has been going through so reading some really GOOD NEWS on here is welcome! Yay, Carpediem!!! Congratulations on your freedom.

Being a part of this JWN community can be an emotional roller coaster, but it's nice when there are some highs. That's what it's all about -- getting to those good celebratory moments. Again, YAY!!!

Baby got Back-Bone!!!

Love to you,

-LV

• undercover
    undercover

I've never known an elder's email address... funny, I've never thought of them being that progressive...

• carpediem
    carpediem

Cyberjesus - well they can keep me on their records if they like - I dont really care what they do bec I have deleted them from mine.

Joshnaz - it is liberating to actually do it. I had about two minutes of tears - for the friends who would no longer talk to me - and then I felt great. Because for the first time I can do exactly as I like without worrying about who is watching. Last year I had a secret birthday and Christmas celebration. I even went to a Carol concert to work, signing in BSL with a friend but kept it secret. This year, hell, I am gonna have a ball!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit