Today I seized the day...and disassociated myself

by carpediem 63 Replies latest jw friends

• carpediem
    carpediem

and I feel good! It was a long time coming. I stopped going to meetings June 09. The reason I left it so long is because my husband is still in and for this reason I see witnesses from time to time. I couldn't face the humiliation of the shunning. But I got to a stage of needing closure, and closure I have. The door is shut and I am glad.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Did you send in a letter to your cong?

-Sab

• tec
    tec

@ Carpediem

• carpediem
    carpediem

Yeah by email to an elder. and I have text all my friends to let them know I had da'd. No turning back and don't want to.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Good for you. Congratulations on closure. Now enjoy the life you have been given without fear and guilt!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Yeah by email to an elder. and I have text all my friends to let them know I had da'd. No turning back and don't want to.

They might not let you off that easy. They might try to meet with you, the elders and the friends you text'ed.

-Sab

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Congrats to you...I am to that point too, I applaud your courage

CHG

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Good for you!

• carpediem
    carpediem

Sabastious I know what you mean, but I am not going back or being persuaded. They have a formal letter, I have told everyone I am not a witness anymore and for me that means the end. Let your yes mean yes and all that!!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Sabastious I know what you mean, but I am not going back or being persuaded. They have a formal letter, I have told everyone I am not a witness anymore and for me that means the end. Let your yes mean yes and all that!!

Yes. Once YOU decide that it's over, then it's OVER. Just call the cops if they ever show up on your private property.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit