Today I seized the day...and disassociated myself

by carpediem 63 Replies latest jw friends

• carpediem
    carpediem

Yeah zeroday I know what you mean, but I can easily print it and give it hubby to take with him to the next meeting.

Soldier 77 - Bring it on. I have come second to that cult all the time we were in and also since I left. My husband says he has no choice. In my view he always has a choice. I am sick of them, their influence and him being a nodding dog. I may tell him before the next meeting, or I may just leave his best buddy elder mate to tell him. I haven't really decided yet.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Alright, now!

I'm scared of you, girlfriend!

Syl

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

Believe me I know how you feel I didn't want to play their games either but I just knew if I didn't put in a form that they could not question it would not be over for me. I hate this legalize crap as much as the next person but that's about all they understand. Also when one sends in a DA letter it is shown and discussed with the entire elder body then a copy is sent to Brooklyn that's just how these warped people think...It's been 6 years for me and I know that they will never try to contact me again...

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Are you a working woman??

Reason I ask, is that if he gives you any shit, you can just kick his ungrateful ass to the curb and continue on with life!!!!!

Better yet, make his life hell by telling him you are quite tired of you and the house chores coming in a distant second to the religion, and that as head of household he need to "take the lead" in such important issues as, cooking, cleaning, laundry, washing the cars, turning the beds, going to the grocery store, etc, etc. I would make his life so full of busy-work and house chores that he'd have no time or energy left for JW interests. Any complaining would result in my threats to leave his lazy, ungrateful ass.

People need to be put in their place, so don't let the JW's or HIM try and screw all over you. Ask him if THEY are going to come to the house and do all of the work??? That'll shut him up.

- Wing Commander

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I really didn't mean to say it is a problem just that they may not accept it as actually from her and still try to contact her...that's all.

Right. But, it looks to me like they had better watch out for their backsides if they do try -

• alanv
    alanv

If they have received an email then job done. If they want you to confirm it tell them over the phone or send a confirmation email. That's it end of.

Don't forget to post here if you need help with anything. Lots of people here who have been in your situation.

Good Luck with the rest of your life. Enjoy.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

Is it mandatory to either be DF or to DA?

The reason I asked that we haven't attended a meeting for almost two years now. We weren't DF and we haven't written a letter of DA. We just literally faded. Do they not just cross you off their records or whatever for non-attendance?

Thanks.

LI

• carpediem
    carpediem

lol snowbird. really I am a wimp at heart. it has taken a long time to get to this point.....

zeroday - yeah I get your point. If they want a hard copy they can have one - it doesnt change anything from my point of view. Today, 14th October was the day I freed myself. I feel a glass of celebration red coming on .......!

• whereami
    whereami

carpediem I admire your courage.

Big to you.

• whereami
    whereami

Oh and here's that you asked for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit