Today I seized the day...and disassociated myself

by carpediem 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

Congratulations!

Soldier77 and Sab are both right.

Remember, if they insist on meeting with you, they have no hold over you.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hey, congratulations.

If you want to minimize their attempts to talk to you, just say "Yes, I verify that email."

• sabastious
    sabastious

If they insist on meeting with you, they will lay on the guilt like none other! Don't let them push you around. You know what you need more than them.

-Sab

• carpediem
    carpediem

Thanks all, and yes Ding, I know they have no hold on me and I refuse to meet with them. I said what I had to say in my letter. If they ask to meet I will tell them to read my letter again and save themselves some petrol. I haven't told my hubby yet. Mad mad mad with him about putting them first as per, so he will be the last to know.

• nelly136
    nelly136

congratulations

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Wait a minute... you haven't told your husband that you DA'd yet? Oh boy... pandora's box just got opened. I truly wish you the best, but it's going to get nasty.

• carpediem
    carpediem

lol excellent Onthewayout - I will definitely do that!

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

The only problem I see is you sent it in an email. You may not want to get into the legalize of it but it is not a legal document and they might not accept it. As they see it anyone could have had access to your email account and sent it and they may not know it was actually you that sent it. When I sent my DA letter it sent it registered mail to our PO. As legal as it comes no questions asked. I agree when it was time for me to leave I was just going to fade but I wanted to cut it completely off...

• james_woods
    james_woods
    The only problem I see is you sent it in an email. You may not want to get into the legalize of it but it is not a legal document and they might not accept it.

I don't see any problem with that - why on earth should you have to "legalize" leaving the JWs? She simply has said she is not playing by their pseudo-legal rules any more and that is that.

Congratulations.

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

I really didn't mean to say it is a problem just that they may not accept it as actually from her and still try to contact her...that's all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit