Children of 1975

by d 278 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

In 1994, when the new light on the generation teaching was printed in the pages of the Watchtower, the CO's were used again to deliver a much stronger message in person (that could later be denied). They were saying from the platforms of the assemblies and Kingdom Halls, "Do not be fooled borthers, this new understanding of the generation DOES NOT mean that Armageddon is any farther away. It is still very, very soon. It is quite possible and even likely that it could come within a year or two of 1994.

At least that's what they were saying in our circuits. Of course, after the 1975 fiasco, they wouldn't dare put any in print. It's also noteworthy that around that time they came out with strong prohibitions against taping and passing around the CO's talks for encouragement, which was a popular custom up until that point.

I was 10 years old in 1973. I remember studying the articles about the 6000 years of man's existence and everyone talking excitedly about it. My father constantly said, "I don't believe you kids will make it to highschool. My brother was scheduled to start in 1975 and I in 1976. After the society came out with their disclaimer, post 1975, my father swallowed it hook line and sinker. It's true the society never SAID the end would come in 1975.

Well, technically, that IS true. But they certainly implied it, whipped up and encouraged the frenzy, and misled millions with their implications. Name one Jehovah's Witness who would have ever got excited about 1975 and left the organization because of it, if the society had not first put that date into their head? You won't be able to do it. It would have never happened without the Society initiating it, therefore, they are responsible.

• cantleave
    cantleave

JW's don't think without guidance from "mother". My mum would never speculate without direction from Faithful slave. Like aussie, I have checked back on everything I could find. It is clear that WTS were promoting 75 as a date where something significant would happen. Nothing did, except prior to that year, many JW's f*cked up their lives by selling up homes and giving up good jobs.

I have a feeling debator was not there and as usual is talking complete sh#t.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    I have a feeling debator was not there and as usual is talking complete sh#t.

My parents are just as bad and they were there, sucking it up and spewing it out.

They have absolutely no scruples when it comes to defending their cult.

• designs
    designs

So many true and heartfelt stories. 75/Armageddon altered our lives. Stole our youth and ambitions really.

Good to hear from you all. We are the survivors. We need to tell our stories so it will not happen to others.

Here's to our second chance at life and real living

• debator
    debator

This were we have to accept culpability as a whole people. WE Jehovah's witnesses wanted Armageddon on that date then so we went beyond ourselves. This is not "Them and us" Passing the buck to shepherds, it is simply just not taking on responsibility for our own decisions. Hearsay and reading it into wt's that do not mention the date at all, is just silly.

You cannot construct an official doctrine out of hearsay and expectation. (Well you are obviously trying to do exactly this but your Bias is obvious by the way you are going into it, looking for it. Reading into warnings about Armageddon which we do all the time as particularily relating to 1975.

I could use any watchtowers talking about the imminence of Armageddon to construct an argument for every year since they started writing them.

The facts are that we as witnesses think Armageddon could happen now at any time and we need to be ready and on watch for it at all times as we are in the "lasts days" right now.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Were you in the organisation 1975 debator?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You forgot to answer any of your questions Debator

WE Jehovah's witnesses wanted Armageddon on that date then so we went beyond ourselves.

Speak for yourself. I am not part of your 'WE' I wasn't making anything up and I wasn't a Jehovah's Witness. I just had the misfortune to be born to parents who were members of this cult. I was being force fed this garbage from the platform and from my parents.

Now they, and you, are doing a poor job of polishing the outside of the Watchtower's filthy cup.

Man up and answer your questions.

• debator
    debator

Sorry I don't answer personal questions cantleave.

The facts are that the watchtowers do not support the claim of official doctrine that is made on here about '75 it is only slightly refered too at best. All that can be said of the arguments on this site is people are saying "Everyone wanted 75 to be Armageddon and so we blame the shepherds"

This whole thread is marked by it's lack of watchtower quoting and it's mass of hearsay.

• bigmac
    bigmac

st george wrote earlier

"Many of us gave up the opportunity to have children and grandchildren because of that stupid lie"

i'm pleased to say my 1st (jw) wife & i decided to start another baby in 1975.

My son is now 34, & was DF'd last year.

After years of shunning we have established limited contact through FB, he tells me he has no interest in going back to the religion.

He has 2 lovely kids, & i met them once.

I'm treading very carefully with the situation, but live in hope.

• debator
    debator

Hi black sheep

I answered you.

So you weren't old enough for this one but you still want to whip the witnesses with it? That just shows your prejudice black sheep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit