Children of 1975

by d 278 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• happyexjw
    happyexjw

I was born in 1975 and I remember my mum telling me through out my years growing up when i was in how she was so scared that she would go into labour during armageddon but also how excited she was that I would be brought up in the new system................something which she now deny's ever saying

• happyexjw
    happyexjw

sorry forgot to delete 'when i was in'......note to self always proof read before submitting!!!

• St George of England
    St George of England

I hardly knew any JWs born between '73-'75.

Many of us gave up the opportunity to have children and grandchildren because of that stupid lie. My wife says it doesn't bother her but it sure as hell bothers me.

George

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I doubt today if a speaker were to say the things like this apathetic delusional asshole

was saying he might be arrested for publicly stirring up fearful hysteria.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqN2XsVhL3Q&feature=player_embedded

I was there during those times and during the International Assemblies of 1969 and they were hyping up this BS

to the extreme , of course there was a new book ( Babylon the Great has Fallen ) to give more information on to this

imminent world disaster.

Sadly this provocative fear mongering that was mostly thwarted to further push the circulation of the WTS books,

pushed some people to commit suicide. I know of at least 3 youths and 1 adult in a span of about 4 to 5 years to do just that.

One young fellow hung himself in a garage behind are Kingdom Hall, he's related to my older brother through marriage.

The other fact that is and its hardly recognized is the calculated date that the WTS used to derive the fall of 1975 as 6000

years from the existence of Adam was a FRAUD of the worst, as its impossible for anyone to accurately date this time frame by

use of the bible or other means. It was all a maligning dishonest but intensional fraud to spur followers of the WTS to buy and sell

more of their books. Retrospectively both corrupt and perhaps criminal .

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I was one of those children. We thought the end would come. There was a family in our hall that wanted to live the rest of their time in a trailer home. I was told not to worry too much about getting good grades in school....I would finish the rest of my education in the new world. ......... What a farce!!!!

• Farkel
    Farkel

thetrueone,

:I was there during those times and during the International Assemblies of 1969 and they were hyping up this BS

to the extreme , of course there was a new book ( Babylon the Great has Fallen ) to give more information on to this

imminent world disaster.

"Babylon the Great Has Fallen, God's Kingdom Rocks!" was published in 1963, I believe, which was 6 years before the hype over 1975 started. I think you are referring to that 1969 classic "Life Everlasting in Freedom of the Sons of God and a Lot More Bullshit Where That Came From".

Farkel

• agonus
    agonus

I get a pretty positive vibe though that much of the dub-zeitgeist "Stay Alive Till 75" hysteria has pretty much evaporated now that it's been reduced to "Eat This Crap About The Overlap"

• yknot
    yknot
    I hardly knew any JWs born between '73-'75.

We are 'woe' babies.....

There seem to be a 'baby boom' starting again around 76' though......

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Your probably right Farkel its been a long time as you know.

Their books from the past are so full speculative bullshit to stir fear into peoples minds, its no wonder people were committing suicide.

The most disturbing thing was how the young impressionable children were perceiving all of this commercialized BS.

Disgusting how little they cared for the psychological mental health of all, particularly of the children.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I do recall the mid 60's to 1975 and the hype was there at that time. My brother who is 10 years older than myself claims that they were referring to 1975 even in the late 50's, although I believe about 10% of what my brother tells me. My recollection was studying with a good JW in around 1973-74 and all he could talk about is how us young ones will not even graduate in this system. The push was on and instead of putting my efforts into a higher education, I quiet high school and went into the full time preaching work. Than 1975 went by and the GB denial by blaming the rank and file members of setting the date. That pretty much did me in with the JW lie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit