Understanding Revelation (According to the JWs)

by brotherdan 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

-BATOR:

There is nothing wrong with having confidence tha you are God's people and prophecy will be fulfilled among you.

My reply: You are absolutely right- prophecy will be fulfilled among Jehovahs Witnesses- the ones regarding false prophets.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The seven trumpet blasts were a series of seven A$$emblies along with leafleting campaigns that took place between 1919 and 1926 or 7.

It has all been clearly printed in the WT books, "Revelation (anti) climax), "Light" (1931 same as the Climax book) It also ties in with the Daniel ch.12 predictions "happy is he who arrives at the end of <insert number> days. These too were resolutions and announcements at A$$emblies in the 20's.

It has all been proved to the satisfaction of Witlesses everywhere.

HB

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Did any of you realize how off the wall it was when we were studying the rev book for the last 20 times? I always tried to understand it, but secretly inside I was thinking, uh...this is retarded.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Actually Debator you have made a real FOOL of yourself -

Just because I do not accept the interpretations of the WTBTS, does not oblige me to produce my own interpretation of something which, as far as I am concerned, was written by some hallucinating prophet 2000 years or more ago.

I have no desire to start my own cult based on yet another delusional thought system.

At least you can put more time on your field service report.

HB

And, by the way - don't you know that the "early days" of JWs were in the days of Cain, and the first JW ABEL? Yes this is still what is taught - it has not been "clarified" Some jehovah's Witness you are!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• debator
    debator

Hi Brotherdan

firstly Prophecy is a specific thing pertaining to getting prophetic words, visions straight from God himself. Are you saying the prophecies in Revelation are false ones?

Interpreting actual bible prophecy even if wrong does not make you a false prophet it just makes you wrong and needing refinement. Your definition is from your opinion not the bible. Nowhere in the bible does it say "interpret these bible prophecies correctly or else you are a false prophet."

Your looking for literal fulfillment of these prophecies that are extremely graphic in content? and people call witnesses blood thirsty!

Jews expected a literal firework fulfillment they got a messiah that disappointed in his lack of spectacular fireworks. Is that what you want spectacular firework fulfillment?

As for timing of them? The continued lack of repentence of men in the prophecy speaks more of these times rather that tribulation when they realise too late their wrongdoing.

I should mention now that the quiet non-hysterical practical approach of witnesses to prophecy intepretation is another reason I am one.

Nothing I read in the Bible about already fulfilled prophecies show that Jehovah goes in for pleasing the masses and showmanship. Prophecy fulfillment is always straightforward to the point.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Wait a moment -

Isnt the Governing Body guided by Gods Holy Spirit? You just said that their interpretations were just "OPINION" - So why would JWs DF people who disagree with a mere human opinion?

HB

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    Interpreting actual bible prophecy even if wrong does not make you a false prophet it just makes you wrong and needing refinement. Your definition is from your opinion not the bible. Nowhere in the bible does it say "interpret these bible prophecies correctly or else you are a false prophet."

Ahhh the classic JW comeback.

Obviously, debator, I do not think that Revelation is a false prophecy. I am a Christian and brother in Jesus Christ. However, your statement that "Interpreting actual bible prophecy, even if wrong, does not make you a false prophet" is bogus. It DOES make you a false prophet.

For example, lets say that I take various statements in Revelation and apply them to myself. I start preaching that I am a fullfillment of Revelation and that it is speaking of me and my companions when it speaks about the 2 witnesses that would be killed and then raised up (just an example). I go door to door and preach this message. Anyone that disagrees with me will be called an apostate and is deserving of viscious punishment from God.

Would that make me a false prophet? Or would that, as you say, just mean that I am wrong and need refinement?

Also, notice this point. The GB says that their messages come from who? They are given to them and directed by who (or in JW theology, what?) They say that their messages come from: Jesus Christ. They are directed by: The holy spirit (all in lower case...while the Governing Body is all in uppercase...interesting).

My definition is not the Bibles? Let's hear your definition of "Prophet".

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

-bator:

Hi Brotherdan

firstly Prophecy is a specific thing pertaining to getting prophetic words, visions straight from God himself. Are you saying the prophecies in Revelation are false ones?

My reply: No, looks like he is observing that the WT is a false prophet, since they have asusmed the role of prophets and have shown that their prophecies are not from God.

more -bator bs:

My reply: No, but claiming that your interpretation is God's promise does, when what you say fails. Go read Jeremiah 28.

-bator said:

Your looking for literal fulfillment of these prophecies that are extremely graphic in content? and people call witnesses blood thirsty!

My reply: Whereas the org is demanding these worldwide prophecies are all to be fulfilled in them- whereas all they will see fulfilled in them is the ones pertaining to false prophets.

-bator said:

Jews expected a literal firework fulfillment they got a messiah that disappointed in his lack of spectacular fireworks. Is that what you want spectacular firework fulfillment?

My reply: No, simply an admission of the obvious- the governing body has no clue what they are talking about nor is truth their agenda.

-bator said:

As for timing of them? The continued lack of repentence of men in the prophecy speaks more of these times rather that tribulation when they realise too late their wrongdoing.

I should mention now that the quiet non-hysterical practical approach of witnesses to prophecy intepretation is another reason I am one.

My reply: Reniaa you false prophet you! LOL Perhaps non-hysterical, but haughty, ridiculous and false.

-bator said:

Nothing I read in the Bible about already fulfilled prophecies show that Jehovah goes in for pleasing the masses and showmanship. Prophecy fulfillment is always straightforward to the point.

My reply: In stark contrast to the WT ever-changing teachings and shots in the dark.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Wait wait wait. debator, did you REALLY just say this. What spectacular fireworks am I expecting?!?!? I'll let the images below show what YOU are expecting.They SURE look like fireworks to me!!!!!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

See the fireworks in the sky, debator? What they DON'T show in these pictures is the millions of CHILDREN that they believe will be killed in this way by our loving God!

Shame on you, debator. Shame on you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit