Some Confusion - What is this site in regards to JW?

by Green Jade 72 Replies latest jw friends

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Welcome Green Jade and greetings from another brown-bodied avatar. Alas without hypnotic eyes.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    ... the majority of people on here are ex-Witnesses and some very bitter ones at that. They speak from that negative viewpoint.

LOL

If you search the net for ex members of any high control group, you will come across a similar range of pro and anti people that Debator sees on JW forums.

I just searched for 'ex Moonie' and came up with this from ex-Moonie Diane Benscoter talking about how cults rewire the brain. I am sure Moonies would feel exactly the same way about Diane as Debator feels about many of us. That doesn't make Diane a bad person. The Moonies have to prove that the Rev. Moon really is the Messiah before they can legitimately make that claim, just as Debator has to prove that the WT was selected by Jesus in 1919 before she can legitimately cast aspersions on our characters.

Cheers

Chris

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Green jade,

Debator is a JW apologist who used to post here under the name Reniaa. She claims to be a JW, actually under Reniaa she claimed to be a single mom with 3 kids who was raised a JW and pro-Witness but not attending meetings. She then said she was leaving this site to go back to the JW's....but came back under the name Debator...having given herself away with her lingo and spelling errors unique to Reniaa. She is known for hijacking threads, evading questions...etc.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Who Debator is has nothing to do with this topic Isaac

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Original question:

Hello,

I seem to have a bit of confusion concerning the purpose of this website and the people in it. Perhaps I am not computer savvy and do not understand some of the expressions used. Could someone comment and help clarify.

My reply:

Basically a board to discuss JW-related issues...we have many former JW's previously from different levels in the org..some lurkers (active or inactive JWs who just read what is written)...some still in the org who may be stuck there due to circumstances....some JW-apologists....an varied mix...

• debator
    debator

Hi blacksheep

Isaac is determined I am a previous poster he uses it rather than debate the subjects under discussion. I find it easier to ignore him these days. I've told him I will unless he uses my real name "Debator" since it's hard enough to answering questions directed at me without sifting through muliple past-posters names.

I think Green Jade needs to recognise she will have to wade through a lot of biased information against witnesses from posters because they are now ex-Witnesses. Do you agree?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Rebiaa/Debator, you still have not denied that you are Reniaa. Why not lie and deny it? You have already broken the org's rules by coming here. And you can ignore me, that's fine. You always ignore rebuttals of your nonsense anyway.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Green Jade, look around here and you will see a varied flavor of experiences and feel free to ask questions....I don't think you will see so much bias here as much as statements made frankly and from experience.

• Green Jade
    Green Jade

Smiddy Thank you Smiddy for your words

Cyberjesus funny - "may the swartz be with you"

Bangalore Thank you for your greeting

MMXIV Hello again. Didn't I just post a comment to you on "...my bubble burst"? I didn't address the other issue you brought up. It is sad that peopole misunderstand ME or CD-Bipolar or many mental or auto immune diseases. With that said, many people in this world do not understand. Some feel that someone with RA or ME or D should just get out of bed and shake it off. Some people believe it is fake and just in their heads. Witnesses are not the only ones not to understand. I think most people in this world do not. They misunderstand how and why this conditions occur. Some people are predisposed, genetics, triggers (tramatic events), and quite simply bad luck (my thoughts).

• Green Jade
    Green Jade

TheLoveDoctor thank you for the information. I think I am not ready to have a avator follow me where ever I go. It seems a little creepy

Lduh thank you for the link

Debator Thank you for your insight. I do realize that there are alot of ex-Witnesses and inactive Witnesses and active Witnesses. Since I do not have a any Witnesses to confide in and speak with, this site provides some needed feedback. Some comment mirror some of feeling and others do not. It is up to me to wade through all these responses. I appreciate your comments, and I hope you do provide me insightful comments in regards to my feeling that I am posting.

the-illuminator81 Thank you for your greeting. But instead of hypnotic eyes you enjoy a horn and pink tenticles?

Black Sheep/Chris Yes I do believe that is what I am finding. There are many different views and feeling. I respect everyones right to feel or believe what they want.

Isaacustin Its ok. If people want to post as different individuals to reflect their many different personalities? or just feel like it, I think it's up to them. It sounds exhausting and confusing. Thank you for your many postings.

Now I have completed the greetings. Yesterday, I didn't really think about my dilemma, and I did not post. I am organizing my book shelf, and I realize how many boxes of literature I have. I'm not sure what to do them, but I joked before about ebay. I don't want to do anything disrespectful to them, but I am boxing them. I did throw away my notes from all the conventions. The person that wrote them does not exist, and I want to start fresh. I want to make all decisions with whatI feel now. I posted on "...bubble burst" about my mother's thoughts of this website. Has anyone else had relatives and friends that do not want them to post?

And To the Witnesses on this website, what should I do with the boxes of literature I have?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit