Some Confusion - What is this site in regards to JW?

by Green Jade 72 Replies latest jw friends

• Green Jade
    Green Jade

Hello,

I seem to have a bit of confusion concerning the purpose of this website and the people in it. Perhaps I am not computer savvy and do not understand some of the expressions used. Could someone comment and help clarify.

• Green Jade
    Green Jade

Also, how is this image to the left of me posting nd how do I change it?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The image to the left is an infrared representation of your soul. As you make spiritual progress, the image will change until ultimately you will look like me. Pretty cool, eh?

Why don't you tell us which words you don't understand, or shall we start at the beginning of the dictionary?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

If you want your eyes opened to know the Truth about the "Truth"(tm) then stick around and wade thru the older posts. Same goes if you need help and support or shared common experiences from having been or currently being a jehovahs Witness or having a loved one who is.

If you came here hoping to share fluffy field ministry memories and Big up the FDS as always having your best interests at heart in their decision making process, ...err then, let's just say this site isnt for you.

The avatar to the left is randomly assigned and not to be taken as areflection of your personality. If you hate it, then change it at www.gravatar.com (i think)

Welcome to the forum.

• Green Jade
    Green Jade

Ahhhhh somehow you have traded a sincere question with a barbed and sarcastic response. Can I then deduce that joy and laughter are decrepid words for you from lack of use?

I currently have partial use of my encephalon that allow me to read comments. But since my knowledge of this site is about next to nothing, I would require any assistance in understanding the underlining purpose for this site and whether or not my comments would be appropriate for this site.

Sincere, friendly (or Cordial), and frank answers are all that I require and reciprocate.

• Green Jade
    Green Jade

Witness My Fury - thank you for your response. Your response was condense and quick

• agonus
    agonus

Just a place to chat. About JW-related stuff but other stuff too. Most of the folks here are either former Witnesses or current Witnesses who are disillusioned/disenchanted with the religion/organization. It's for support, learning, and just to vent (which we tend to do a lot of) ;P

Stick around. You just might learn something. :)

• breathing
    breathing

think nathan natas was just being funny, made me lol anyway! dont think he was being mean,

it just made me think of my avatar and how "weird" it still is!! but im ok with that, makes me giggle! i dont know how to change it either but have am learning to live with it!!!!

hope you find this site interesting and maybe helpful, i am

• bigmac
    bigmac

hello green jade, i'm also quite new to this site & still blundering about in it.

i have discovered the membership consists of several different "classes" of people.

( but don't ask too many questions, some members get upset )

some different classes:

1: devout fanatical JW's who come on preaching & firing off bible quotes all over the place

2: persons who have long left the religion & are here to try to help the above see " the truth" for what it is

3: persons trapped in the religion & whilst they know its not the truth, cannot risk leaving because of the threat of having their family shun them

( i have recently discovered this is called "the conscious class")

there are other classes i'm sure, but i've probably caused you enough confusion already!

• Green Jade
    Green Jade

Thank you Witness My Fury and agnonus for you quick responded.

Also, thank you breathing for you insight on the names. I don't know if I will get used to mine, but I don't think I am ready for a avatar picture following me arround. But thank you for the suggestion agnonus.

Ahhhh bigmac, you have been most helpful. Your comments concerning classifications brought clarity to some of the confusing posts I have read in previous threads. Last month, I read about a guy who said he was a JW and several people said he was not. There was a lot of name calling, and I believe my IQ dropped from the exposure.

I think I might fit, but I am unsure where.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit