Some Confusion - What is this site in regards to JW?

by Green Jade 72 Replies latest jw friends

• Green Jade
    Green Jade

Thank you Yknot for your welcome.

• yknot
    yknot

What are some of the things you want to talk about?

I think we have a little bit of everything from weekly WTstudies, KMs, History, Future speculation, experiences and fluff topics like sports, sex, politics, news and alcohol.

• Green Jade
    Green Jade

Yup, i just posted it bit about how I grew up under Family - Parenting. It should be interesting read. Most of the postings I saw was very negative. Mine is just human. As most Witnesses are just human. Also, I have tones of Literature and i will be selling it on Ebay LOL

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome to this site Green Jade

I hope you find what your looking for,their are funny people here who will make you laugh,apologists who will defend the indefensible,and a few who have hidden agendas,but overall you will experience a learning curve you would never find in a kingdom hall.

All the best on your journey

smiddy

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

that Yoda has converted rather it seems.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome.

Bangalore

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Welcome Green Jade,

Making an effort to go to meetings only to listen to inaccurate information and get a load of tough questions from people who don't care should ring some alarm bells.

I used to call on a "sister" who hadn't gone to meetings in decades because she had ME or chronic fatigue syndrome. She'd also been treated pretty badly by people so probably could have attended sometimes but didn't want to face the barrage of questions if she did step in the KH.

The thing was that she loved Jehovah, did informal witnessing whenever she could, put in a report and kept up to date on all the literature. She was happy. She started to go to some meetings when her health improved a bit and the meeting times had changed. She found the questions people asked her related to establishing what kind of position she was in so she could be judged accordingly. The congregation were not understanding and that was the best bunch of JW's I'd ever known. She stopped attending and I never encouraged her to go again although I still visited her.

When you're born-in (grown up as a JW) and been used to a certain way of worship for decades and being surrounded by people as part of a community it seems odd / wrong / lonely if it's no longer there. Part of how the truth works is to make you dependent on the social aspect of the organisation so that it is difficult to leave. You won't have worldly friends so will be lonely if you leave.

That sister I mentioned earlier was far happier not attending. You don't feel love when you attend. Does that seem right to you?

MMXIV

PS.

Some take pictures to send to their buddies. Guess who I saw here?

Sure you're not a celebrity

• Green Jade
    Green Jade

MMXIV,

Some of what you say do have merit.

First I am definately not a celebrity. I have been in the Truth all my life. I use to know everyone and anyone in my Circuit, which means alot of people know me. And some people who are gossips want to know what I have been up to (and not in the caring way).

Second, it is not unusual for social groups including religions, College Alumni, Neighborhoods, Professions, and Society Men and Women that stay within their social groups. Infact some social groups target children and start as young as 2yrs old (jack and Jill). Most find it comfortable, stable, connected, support systems. Infact this group has its own social group. I believe many people attack religion or other different religions because of past wounds or ideology. And thank goodness that we live in a time and place that allows a certain amount of freedoms including thoughts and beliefs (of course I'm not sure about privacy). Of course, there are some social groups that are derisive and promote illegal things. These groups control the standard and expel any unwanted influences that go against their agenda. The desire to group with like minded people is in all of us, but it is up to us to define what kind of like minded people we want to be connected to.

My exposure to other groups is limited due to how I was raised, but I have a good worldly friend who is Mormon. We laugh at how we grew up, and both were weirdly similar. Both of us have married unbelieving mates. I think I got the better deal. My husband fell in love with me (he sees ME) and I fell head over heel in love with him ...even before he met me. He believes in God, and he willing to go to the meetings but not actively participate. He sees it as like going to the movies. He loves my family, and they love him. My parents warned my future husband that I was spoiled and it might be a hard road ahead. But I also support him and his needs. I attend lunch or dinner with his family's Bday, Fathers Day, Mothers Day, Christmas and Thanks giving. I don't have any presents, but I am there enjoying the conversations. And he likes having his family with him.

Every where I see good and bad people in the Truth and out of the Truth. All those bad things I experienced at the Kindom Hall, I have experienced it in the world. Hatred, Bigotry, Malice, Gossip, Liars, thieves, covertness.

Even after saying all this. I can not say what I will do. I have not made up my mind. I tried to have my husband assist but he smiled...kissed me and said I need to decide since it is my personal choice. I love him. i am trying to read all the advise I have been given but it may take me awhile. I want to try to make one decision or choice each day and hopefully my path will follow. I'm starting to get sleepy and I hope this makes sense. I think this post I just did belongs under family.

Whether you agree with what I have said or shaking your head (as you can't believe it), I want to thank everyone for your input. All your experiences is making it easier to make one choice at a time. I guess I really am in the right place. This is the only thing I am really working through and I appeciate any support given. When I first started to post, I was fragile and afraid but after posting a couple of days. I don't feel scared anymore. No one is cursing at me and wishing me to the deepest reaches of space. So Far So Good. Thank you. And that includes you Apostate and others.

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

The avatar to the left is randomly assigned and not to be taken as areflection of your personality. If you hate it, then change it at www.gravatar.com (i think)

• debator
    debator

Hi Green Jade

This was once a pro-witness site stared by Simon who was once a witness but gradually over time and I would say that now the majority of people on here are ex-Witnesses and some very bitter ones at that. They speak from that negative viewpoint.

Recognising that some People still start posting on his site thinking They will get to talk to real witnesses some of us who are witnesses do still post on here occasionally.

Be careful!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit