Highlights of Annual Meeting 2010

by elderelite 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks, EE. I imagine there aren't too many DO's that stray from the official party stand, but the organization is leaking people and information so badly that they gotta "do something." It also might justify positions at Headquarters for heavies instead of sending them packing- official Assembly Overseers.

Either way, it's tightening control.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

OH, don't forget money. It may just be to get to all the assemblies and 'recommend' how much money to send to Headquarters, pressuring the local elders to start reaching deeper. Tighter control includes tighter oversight of the money, what cults like WTS are really all about.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks for the update EE.

om

• Billen76
    Billen76

"During the eight-week course, students undertake an intensive study of the Bible. They carefully consider a wide array of Bible teachings as well as shepherding responsibilities and guidelines for handling problems in Christian living. They also learn what the Scriptures teach about administrative, judicial, and organizational matters. They receive specialized training in public speaking and are given personal assistance to accelerate their spiritual development"

As I said: Trained mindless WTS-feds.

"They also learn what the Scriptures teach about administrative, judicial, and organizational matters."

I LOVE when they talk dirty

• bobld
    bobld

Per Blondie KM 04 High reguirement for MTS hahahahahahahahahahhaha.

B

• Gayle
    Gayle

Thanks Elderelite,,the info isn't something even most JWs would be interested in, about the MTS, most weren't concerned about it before. And it is a ridiculously sad thing that the GB and branch need to be overseeing/shepherding the DOs more so now too. Again, most JWs don't know and don't really care about the DOs anyway. Nothing, even for us (xJWs) seemed to be anything 'juicy.'

Last year they also gave a few U.S. annual stats, do you know if they did that this year?

• elderelite
    elderelite

OTWO... good point about justifying or giving some heavies at brooklyn/walkill something to do.. money may well be a factor as well. YKNOT would have more insight than me, i'm just passing basics along. But i will say this.. I had reason to talk to my local DO today and mentioned this to him... he was puckered up good. I think most DO's are pretty comfortable with nominal oversight from the branch. This takes it to another level for them.. just going off my impression of how the local guy took it.. i suspect time will reveal more of course but your thought about money being a root.. makes to much sense not to believe.

@gayle... they always mention stats but that nonsense dosent catch my attention so i didn't bother to ask.. i tend to look for organizaitonal adjustments. I'm sure yknot will update and be far more thorough than I.. ( what with my drunkin gibberish and all that)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I think the hardest thing for C.O.'s and D.O.'s to do is watch someone slightly higher on the food chain get more ass kissing and green handshakes than them. They hate to share the limelight, and then they get their ass chewed in the backroom by the same person in this case.

• yesidid
    yesidid

In the late 60's and early 70's HQ had a system where certain congregations recorded the talks of the CO

and DO. I know a DO who was severely reprimanded because, in his talks to the congregations,

he was not giving '75 his full and unqualified support.

Fact is, he was actually putting a bit of a dampner on it.

• yesidid
    yesidid
    Amazing how quickly MTS disappeared once Teddy died....

You've got to wonder what else will go with Jaracz.

Perhaps some of the very harsh spirit................

Well we can only hope .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit