Highlights of Annual Meeting 2010

by elderelite 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• St George of England
    St George of England

Thanks for that.

Was there no mention of any additional members being added to the GB?

George

• dozy
    dozy

Interesting - thanks for the info.

I would imagine the "married couples MTS" - (sounds like a sort of Gilead-lite) will be popular with the many couples who want to reach out (yawn) but don't want to be sent to some malaria & typhoid infested country. Could the Bethel brother being sent to the circuit assemblies (they already attend the special day) be another clue that eventually the position of CO will be removed , as has been widely reported.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

was that it? not really earth shattering news, the R & F have no interest in MST Schools and the masses would not probably worry too much about what DO's will be doing.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Thanks for the info EE.

• blondie
    blondie

MTS change sounds like how Bethel evolved. It used to be only single men were called...then it evolved to married couples (usually because the husbands had skills they needed) and single men.

I bet it was increasingly difficult to find "qualified" single men to apply for the MTS and too many of the ones who did, did not stay long and left to get married.

• Mary
    Mary
    In what can only be described as an effort by the branch to further tighten the grip, DO's will now have a shephearding program, designed (IMHO) to keep THEM in line.

I find this statement very interesting. It begs the question as to why the Branch Overseers feel that the DO's need to be kept "in line". Are they rebelling? Putting their own spin on doctrinal issues?? That's got to be a kick in the face for the DO's because all the ones I knew were a bunch of arrogant assholes who feel that they are a power unto themselves...........

• baltar447
    baltar447

At the latest 2 day, the DO said a few thing such as the bible's guidelines are all we need, we don't have a talmud of rules, we have to use our own conscience, he also suggested reading the bible on family worship night. I'm not sure, but I just got the impression that while what he was saying sounded right, it didn't sound as hard line as some of the other talks. Sounded almost conscious class speak, idk I could be reading it wrong.

• Mary
    Mary
    the DO said a few thing such as the bible's guidelines are all we need, we don't have a talmud of rules, we have to use our own conscience, he also suggested reading the bible on family worship night.

Wow! If your DO said that from the platform, then that would explain somewhat as to why the Branch Office wants to keep a tighter reign on them. Remember what happened the last time Witnesses were allowed to use only the bible in their studies........I'm sure the Chief Goombas do not want to see another "Franz Incident". With the internet now available to everyone, the fallout would be a million times worse than in '81.

Hmmm......I wonder if there are rumblings down at Mount Olympus........

• blondie
    blondie

CHIEF GOOMBAS.... Great, Mary, something to brighten my Monday

• Mary
    Mary
    CHIEF GOOMBAS.... Great, Mary, something to brighten my Monday

Surely this is another fine indication that Jehovah is blessing this forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit