Highlights of Annual Meeting 2010

by elderelite 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    lolz... thank you pirata. For the record, I dont need my ass kissed, I just dont want it kicked

What about just lightly pet?

-Sab

• elderelite
    elderelite

Depends on who is offering to do the petting...

• pirata
    pirata

I do not like to kiss asses. But I do apprecate the information.

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Hmm, MTS replaced by single bros and couples? That's gonna seriously knacker some congregation schedules. The congs I went to would be buggered by this. Some dubs are gonna have a lot to do on the platform, while lots can rest easy.

Good Job, Governing Body

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Amazing how quickly MTS disappeared once Teddy died....

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

MTS was for single brothers only. I take from this that it is a new arrangement, perhaps not enough single, spiritually mature brothers, now dipping into the married pool too.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

what was the MTS for?

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

MTS was to train single brothers to go and help congregations in need, low on elders, need a boost ... thats basically what I understood it to be. A number of congregations in my circuit have had MTS grads assigned to them.

• Billen76
    Billen76

To train JW-feds to go to congregations that needed "help".

• blondie
    blondie

*** km 8/04 pp. 3-4 Ministerial Training School—A Large Door That Leads to Activity ***

Ministerial Training School—A Large Door That Leads to Activity

Through the prophet Jeremiah, Jehovah foretold: "I will raise up over [my people] shepherds who will actually shepherd them; and they will be afraid no more, neither will they be struck with any terror, and none will be missing." (Jer. 23:4) Such a shepherding work is being accomplished today among people of all the nations. This is being done by tens of thousands of congregation elders. In addition, a company of young men as numerous as dewdrops have offered themselves willingly in Jehovah’s service. (Ps. 110:3) What a blessing these humble brothers are to the congregations of God’s people! As the spiritual ingathering work continues, there is yet a need for qualified men to make themselves available to serve their brothers.

A fine provision to train single elders and ministerial servants for increased responsibilities is the Ministerial Training School. More than 22,000 students from some 140 countries have received this training in the 999 classes that have been held since the school’s inception in 1987. For these brothers, the school has proved to be "a large door that leads to activity."—1 Cor. 16:9.

PurposeoftheSchool: The aim of the Ministerial Training School is to train and equip qualified men for responsibilities wherever there may be a need in the organization. The school heightens their abilities for taking the lead in the evangelizing work, sharing in shepherding the flock, and teaching in the congregation. After graduating, some students are assigned as special pioneers or traveling overseers in their home countries or abroad. Others receive assignments to serve with their home congregations or in areas where there is a greater need within the branch territory.

During the eight-week course, students undertake an intensive study of the Bible. They carefully consider a wide array of Bible teachings as well as shepherding responsibilities and guidelines for handling problems in Christian living. They also learn what the Scriptures teach about administrative, judicial, and organizational matters. They receive specialized training in public speaking and are given personal assistance to accelerate their spiritual development.

Requirements: Understandably, the requirements to attend the school are high. Applicants must have served as elders or ministerial servants for at least two consecutive years. All must be single and between the ages of 23 and 50. Applicants must be able to read, write, and speak fluently the language in which the school is conducted, and they must be in good health, not requiring special care or diet. Preference is given to those in regular pioneer service.

Those who volunteer must be willing and able to serve wherever they are needed. This calls for a spirit like that of the prophet Isaiah, who eagerly offered himself to do a special work, saying: "Here I am! Send me." (Isa. 6:8) He also demonstrated humility throughout his life. Those making themselves available for the Ministerial Training School should be motivated by love for their brothers and a desire to serve them rather than a desire for prominence or special status. After receiving such fine training, graduates are expected to apply what they learned to the benefit of others.—Luke 12:48.

Benefits: During the eight weeks of intense training, graduates are "nourished with the words of the faith and of the fine teaching." (1 Tim. 4:6) This equips them to assist and encourage others in their assigned congregations and circuits. In many locations where graduates of the Ministerial Training School have been assigned, field activity has increased; pioneer service has been encouraged, especially among younger ones; and more personal attention has been given to the many new ones associating with God’s people.

Are you a single elder or ministerial servant between the ages of 23 and 50? Why not consider applying for the Ministerial Training School? Are you a young brother contemplating your long-range goals in Jehovah’s service? Why not keep your life simple and free of distractions so that you can enter this "large door that leads to activity"? It can bring you much joy and satisfaction. Indeed, the Ministerial Training School has proved to be a blessing not just to the graduates of the school but to the congregations of God’s people worldwide.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit